Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss DS-1 Ultra Mod

Options
  • 14-12-2003 5:27pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have any schematics for the DS-1 Ultra Mod that Robert Keeley does. I'm just wondering what he does to the pedal that justifies $75.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Harmony Central's forums seem to hold the Keeley DS-1 as one of the holy grails of distortion pedals, so I might give it a go when I have the money. Not the ultra version though, the seeing eye one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The Ultra Mod is the Seeing Eye mod but it has a switch to enable another LED to be brought in in the clipping stage. I think I'm gonna give it a shot anyways and see how it goes. From what I can see, it's just the caps being replaced with better Metal Film ones and an LED being put into the "o" of tone so you can see it working. Just a gimmick but a cool one.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

The LED is meant to clip asymmetrically though, which is supposed to be more like a valve amplifier, but what do I know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah, you're right about the asymmetrical clipping but the switch on the Ultra Mod means you can have symmetrical clipping too!

Advertisement