Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dang, DC's corrupt

Options
  • 14-12-2003 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭

Somethings gone wrong with my game:

ScreenShot1.jpg

ScreenShot13.jpg

ScreenShot15.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot8.jpg

I dont want to reinstall, but if I'll do it if I have to cause I cant play the game at all on this particular map. Its only happening on two maps? I've already reinstalled DC

any taughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

Let me guess your using Xp and recently the machine crashed? :)

I think the simplest thing to do would to be to completely remove DC, folders et all and reinstall, otherwise you'll have to start playing around with the rfa extractors et all.

To stop this thing from happening again, install Linux and WineX :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by BenH
    Let me guess your using Xp and recently the machine crashed?

Possibly like the NVIDIA drivers. The last NVIDIA drivers were well pants, destoryed BF and DC with messed up textures, dissappearing landscape and the like. The 52.16 drivers NVIDIA acknologed were bad [for Battlefield] so i would advise getting the newer 53.03 drivers from the NVidia download page here.

If your not NVidia upgrade your Catalyst drivers. You can find them on the ATI downloads page

If none of the above, go get a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Winters
    If none of the above, go get a beer.

good idea man, however I'm in NVidia territory :rolleyes: so I'm downloading the 53.03 update now ;)

n1 for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

could be worse...

few times I've been on games2, the vehicles have just disappeared completely from view.
    cant see them moving or parked :confused:

I can run into them tho :)

when i get into one then they reappear.

ATI mobility 9000 on a P4 2.66 laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Tiz not the server,it's when you change view ,1st person,3rd person,wotever...then go back to normal view the things disappear,has been like that since .4 i think, thought they would of fixed it by now.:rolleyes:

CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Graphics drivers fixed that for me, so wahey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

yay I think I'm sorted now iswell, since I've upgraded the nvidia driver! I havent played on that map that I took the screenies with yet, but the game was fine on the other map

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah it should fix it for u cuz like myself and other had the prob and installed those drivers and the prob was fixed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Ahhhhh - I wonder if that affects EoD too, cos I have been getting the same problems on (what I think are) the old nvidia drivers, and when you choose the sniper rifle, the whole map disappears. :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

The drivers affected nearly every game with as good graphics as bf1942.

I have a geforce fx5600 and when i used the 52.xx drivers, nearly every game i have ran like the above pics, but now that i got 53.xx drivers, everything is better than ever!

I also thought many crazy things like BIOS settings were interfeering with my graphics card but i have a mate in creative technical support and he said that it was all because of the drivers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement