Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OT:Personal Plea Re Missing Sister-in-Law

Options
  • 14-12-2003 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I realise I am breaking all sorts of rules posting a personal matter here, but I have done some work in the past for IOFFL and hope people will show me a bit of tolerance. If the moderators are uneasy about this post, I would ask you to consider leaving it here for 24 hours before removing it

My sister-in-law disappeared on Thursday morning and we are all frantic.

She suffers from high blood pressure and she may have had a mini-stroke and
    become disorientated. She had little money with her but she had a bus pass and there is a remote possibility that she may have
    taken a bus to somewhere - that is why I am posting here, on the outside chance that someone may have seen her.

He name is Attracta Harron and she was last seen on Thursday between Lifford
    and Strabane at 11:35 a.m.

She is 65 years of age but looks a few years younger, 5'2" (157cm) in
    height, she has silvery blond hair in a bob style and was wearing a bright
    red duffel coat, grey trousers and black shoes.

If anyone has seen a lady answering this description within the last 3 days,
    please pm me or email me immediately at martin_at_martinharran.com, or contact your local police/garda station.

Martin Harran

(If you want confirmation of that this is a genuine story see
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3316421.stm )

Picture of Attracta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Sorry to hear that, Martin. Hope she returns safe and sound. I'm sure the mods won't mind, eh mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

My thoughts are with you Martin, Hope she turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Martin send an email to Devore - they might make it a site wide announcement.

I pray she returns home safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was going to put a copy of this thread in another forum, to give more coverage, but I see DeV has achieved that through better means.

Hope she turns up safe and sound Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

i hope she turns up safe

Fionnuala

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gaslamp

Sorry to hear about your trouble Martin. My family live in north Donegal and I've emailed the details over to them.

Please let us know if there's any news.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Posted on Maynooths University's forum;
    http://mikado.eeng.may.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104645#104645

Hope they find her merry and well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Thanks, syco, and everyone else for their messages of support.

Sadly, no news yet. The garda and PSNI did a reconstrucion yesterday and are following up a couple of possible sightings but nothing tangible yet.

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

*bump* any news?

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

My thoughts are with you Martin, especially at this time of year.

• Advertisement

Still no news unfortunately so it's not the happiest of Christmas's for us but I hope you all have a nice one.

Thanks again for all messages of support, will let you know if anything develops.

Martin Harran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Martin, I am sorry to hear that, I was wishing you had better news to tell us when I saw the update. My thoughts will be with you and your family. I hope she is returned to you safe and well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Hope everything works out well for you and your family Martin.

Sadly, still no news of my sister-in-law.

As the board seems to be quiet these days, I thought I would take the chance to let people know that there is now extensive details relating to Attracta's disappearance on my website www.martinharran.com including police appeals for information, possible sightings in Dublin and other locations with which she has associations.

I you have a minute to spare, you might take a look at these.

Thanks for support everyone and a belated Happy New Year to you all.

Martin Harran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

I guess none of us really know what to say Martin except that we are hoping for the best.
    Now that I have seen the picture on your site I'll certainly keep my eyes open for her around Dublin.

V

Advertisement