Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voyagers "clean" look

Options
  • 13-12-2003 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Ever notice though ST Voyger the ship didnt look more gritty? nearly after every battle/or start of episode it looks as if its just from the shipyard with a new coat of paint so to speak? i think being away from a proper spacedock or with the battles they have been though the ship should look more "weathered"

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Originally posted by magick
    i think being away from a proper spacedick

Eh, what's a spacedick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

LOL sorry about that, only realised now! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

But yeah, I agree, Voyager would have looked cool with a load of battle scars and mismatched hull plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah, it didn't make sense for it to look so well. Although it was nice to see it back to its old self after some of its heavier battles. (like year of hell when the timeline changes are reversed and we see an undamaged voyager arriving on the scene, or the one with the cloned voyager from the demon planet).

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

i think in the future technology will become self healing, like our own bodies, with small robots doing repairs without any active instructions from the crew.

That's my theory anyway, if they can make a holodeck, they can make some robot cleaners :o)

• Advertisement

(Me thinks of the living ship with its DRDs from farscape).

Nah, they don't have anything of the sort in Star Trek. They just have repair teams to work on everything. I assume the reason they can get everything so shipshape is because they can replicate bulkheads and stuff.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I'd say that Janeway and tuvok being a little anal retentive would have voyager up to starfleet specs no matter what the ship went thru...

prolly cost them a year of their total journey repairing the ship, making it tip top every time voyager got a beating

"Ensign, I believed I wanted to eat off these deckplates".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

and there was me thinking it was going to be another models vs. CGI thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by p
    i think in the future technology will become self healing, like our own bodies, with small robots doing repairs without any active instructions from the crew.

That's my theory anyway, if they can make a holodeck, they can make some robot cleaners :o)

*ahem* HELLO BORG SHIP

Although they don't have robots per sae their ships do regenerate themselves.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

as someone mentioned the year of hell was probably one of the few times you say voyager with battle scarring. but just thinking about it i wonder how many times voyager actually got hit with some thing that went through the shields?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Much like the defiant replacement being called Defiant and haveing the same reg....Voyager never showed battle damage to keep down the cost of the Sfx shots so that they can be reused over and over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sush no one wants the reality answer :D

k then......

Well seeming voyager can produce shuttles faster that the adverage starbase (hehe) they more than likely have a large scale replacater somewhere on the ship and if they can make shuttle hull sections they could more than likely make Hull plateing for voyager and fit it while in orbit or just stoped in space

God yeah, how many of those shuttles do they manage to lose in a week?

They seem to keep good stock of crew members as well, despite the exploding console bug.

Remember they lost the delta flyer before, and next week there just happens to be a shuttle marked "Delta Flyer II" sitting in the shuttle bay.

Yep and the funny thing is voyager is only ment to have 2 (Yes TWO) shuttles when starting out
    despite the exploding console bug.

ya god knows surge protection technology is hard to make for a huge space empire :D they must of lost the plans for a fuse when they made the warp drive

Advertisement