Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Encuentro Cabarete

Options
  • 12-12-2003 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a note to gloat really.

Have been out here in Cabarete Dominican Republic for the last 28 days. I originally planned the trip for Kitesurfing but have had maybe 3 days of wind :(

However aside from diving and canyoning, I decided to give surfing a real go as the waves at a nearby reef break have been superb.

Have had waves ranging up to 10ft (from the face), but generally around 5-6ft, with at least 3-4ft on a bad day.

Today has been one of the best days, with 5ft waves coming in the cleanest glassiest sets (no wind). Finally started catching regular waves, and although traditionally I was always only wind sports, I have to say once the torture of paddling is done with, it has to be one of the most rewarding sports.

I will post photos when I get home, but really for Winter (waves go in Summer) - I have to really reccomend this place, Dominican Republic is dirt cheap and the surfing here is legendary.

That's all,

JAK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Cool! Sounds excellent!
    There's no better feeling than catching and riding a nice clean wave.

Looking forward to seeing those pics.

What kind of price are you talking about for the whole holiday? Thinking of heading off somewhere in March.

What's the vibe in the water like?
    Is there a full range of breaks? i.e heavy reef, points and beachies.
    What's the water temp?

Sounds like a really cool place. Any idea what it's like in March/April?

Enjoy the surf, you're missing nothing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I hate you!

If I win the Lotto I'll come out and join you :D

Advertisement