Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas updates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

Given the amount of orchestrated dirty tricks and disinformation peddled about the project by vested interests, it's a bloody miracle it has got this far.

Like the situation when the DART launched successfully, much to the disappointment of those who campaigned aggressively against it, I fully expect that the launch of the Luas lines next summer will be a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by West Briton
    I fully expect that the launch of the Luas lines next summer will be a success.
    Well .. it might be September.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Funny I read all those updates this afternoon and was thinking that there was a lot of very soft "progressing well" type flab, and a dire shortage of hard facts. Such as "When is it opening"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

Originally posted by Victor
    Well .. it might be September.....

Sources? I'm assuming June for the Harcourt Street line.

Originally posted by West Briton
    Sources? I'm assuming June for the Harcourt Street line.
    i actually went back to where I thought I saw it and it actually says "summer", hmmm maybe the mind is really going. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Can anyone tell me why they don't have update pictures, graphics and webcams and the like. It would also greatly assist the reputation of the Luas in the public eye. The site is very poor.

The only decent photos are on the www.allaboutbuses.com/luas site.

In Nottingham the tram site there gives fantastic updates with regular photo articles and news.

I have also found that the Luas office are very reluctant to giving out information to the public unless you actually live in the area concerned or have a postal address in the area concerned. Did anyone else come across this?

Oh the site mentioned above is:

http://www.nottinghamexpresstransit.com/

Bish

Originally posted by Victor
    i actually went back to where I thought I saw it and it actually says "summer", hmmm maybe the mind is really going. :)

This http://www.transport.ie/viewitem.asp?id=4405&lang=ENG&loc=1346 indicates June and September 2004.

Advertisement