Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: News December

Options
  • 11-12-2003 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Ok a new feature which i plan to make semi-regular if i can be bothered enough. Just so we can have some discussion about star trek news. All info taken from official uk star trek monthly magazine.

Ok first up enterprise's third season is doing well in the ratings war giving higher viewing figures then at the back end of season 2 and even better is that the ratings aren't being affected by the fact that it is facing off with the third season of smallville which airs at the same time.

enterprise was promoted as star trek: enterprise on the run up to the third season in the u.s. paramount picture have decided to make the name change official despite rick berman suggesting previously that it wouldn't change

The theme song for enterprise has also been re-recorded giving russell watsons song a more up-beat tempo.

Many star trek dvd's to be released in 2004. special editions of both st 6 and st generations will be released and also we should see st: voyager and st: tos on dvd before the end of 2004

Ok thats all for now january news in a few weeks

Data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ok a new feature which i plan to make semi-regular if i can be bothered enough

And thats why we loves ya as a mod :D:p
    Ok first up enterprise's third season is doing well in the ratings war giving higher viewing figures then at the back end of season 2

Good new's at lest it isnt slideing down as was normal for the last 2 year's
    The theme song for enterprise has also been re-recorded giving russell watsons song a more up-beat tempo.

its ment to be awful now :rolleyes:
    Many star trek dvd's to be released in 2004. special editions of both st 6 and st generations

OOHHHHHHH looking forword to special editions of those 2 great movies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by bizmark
    And thats why we loves ya as a mod :D:p

Ah schucks (data blushes :o )

the theme song which i have admitted in a previous thread to liking :) i look forward to hearing when it makes its way over here.

the most interesting thing out of those bits i have to say is the going back to star trek enterprise. it was being used as a marketing ploy to get people back i suppose but i wonder did paramount pull some rank with berman to try to get the show on back on track. In an article i glanced over its seems scott bakula was doing some pre-season work to promote the show.

basically it looks like they pulled out all the stocks

was being used as a marketing ploy to get people back i suppose but i wonder did paramount pull some rank with berman

Of course Paramount want their money maker's to last as long as it can and will do what is needed to protect it.

They where going to cancell enterprise to make a new trek show so Star trek is far from dead yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Dont think theres gonna be to much news then to be honest

just been anounced on www.trekweb.com

That come january star trek monthly will be going bi-monthly and is going to be called Star trek Magazine

Shin

is that good or bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Bad methinks, shows that a once popular magazine is now forced because of the downturn in Trek to go bi-monthly, because there isnt a lot happening with only one show on

Going bi-monthly always spells the death knell for magazines, its just one step away from cancellation

Shin

jesus they better get their finger out before star trek goes tits up

it'll be a pity if it goes bi-monthly i've been buying it for years. saying that though it will save me money as i don't even really read the things just collect them.

hopefully it doesn't spell the end, like the sudden death of the fact files

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

It's a disgrace, ST themes are ment to be instrumental damnit.

ah it grows on you like a fungus

• Advertisement
Advertisement