Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

and I'm still waiting (aka Why IOLBB sucks)

Options
  • 10-12-2003 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

I've been waiting now since the end of October to get IOLBB, having being very patient I followed Mucks advice and got on to a veyr unhelpful Angela Keegan who 2-3 weeks ago promised she's look into why I'm waiting so long. I heard nothing back. I've phoned about a dozen times and they will not give me a clear answer. Angelas not bothering to reply to my very polite emails now either.

Right now I'm considering going with Eircom who'd probably have had me installed in a week. IOLBB suck and I'm going to tell them where to go tomorrow.

Anyone got any advice ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Best advice, Try UTV if you can get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What goes around comes around yellum. You should have known better than to go with Esat in the first place. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Try Angelas boss, bill.murphy@esat.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭talla

My other half has the same problem as you yellum, she placed the order for IOL at the end of October, she received her username password first week of November and nothing since. Shes been ringing them constantly and being fobbed off. She had originally placed her order with Eircom in Mid september and gave up waiting on them and cancelled the order. I gave her Bill Murphy's email address last Friday and at last things start to be moving from Esats point of view. Shes getting plenty of emails from Bill and the rest of the crew and people are actually ringing her now from Esat as well when they said they would. It will be intresting now to see if promises are kept by all. Follow Muck's advise and email Bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Rang em up again and have Just been told that my status is "Open Status" and that I've signed up with another DSL Provider and thats why they couldn't activate me. 10 weeks its taken them to tell me this. They're blaming Eircom. I only ever rang Eircom for a line test not to sign up.

Ringing Eircom now, as well as emailing Bill and I'll send a copy to Comreg too.

• Advertisement

Just got on to Eircom who told me that they have no order for me. Comreg time.

Originally posted by yellum
    Just got on to Eircom who told me that they have no order for me. Comreg time.

Your complaint is about IOL , if there is an Eircom problem (and there may well be) the complaint about that has to come from IOL themselves. In a wholesale relationship, IOL are Eircoms customer and not you.

Seeing as their customer care manager will not return your emails you have good grounds to complain about IOL EVEN if it IS all Eircoms fault.

IOL have the most inept customer care and billing department in all of Ireland , Eircom has the most ignorant and boorish one but the billing works. If you want decent customer care then contact Netsource or UTV

Now that Netsource understand that T&C's are T&C's are T&C's are T&C's they should be fine again like they were before they had their T&C's (not T&C's) episode a few months back. At keast you can easily get to talk to a human in there and they seem able to provision RADSL lines within a predictable timeframe which is why I am always suspicious about IOL problems .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Netsource would have been nice, except that they now claim to be only taking on business customers for their RADSL - the guy who I was on the phone to was asking me if there was any way I could set the account up through a business.

*boggles*

I've been getting the fob off from irishbroadband since mid-October, soon going to tell them to shag off and get utv (if they ever answer their phones - spent about 10 minutes on hold the other day before giving up) or esat, who are just as bad, only more suspicious in that they sometimes appear to intentionally hang callers up.

Maybe it's just the way Irish telcos/isps work?

Sad, really....

zynaps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Took me 7 months to get IOLBB in, only got it because muck gave me the email addy of someone in esat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

I too am having problems regarding my IOLBB

I signed up over a month ago,have had my username & password verified,direct debit mandate activated (that didn't take long,oh no) but still no sign oif me being switched on.

According to who or whatever I was on to today the accounts are due to go live between the 16-20th of this month.

I was also informed that just in case,the current BB offer has been extended to next February :rolleyes: ...........

• Advertisement

UPDATE

I've just sent an email to that bloke listed on this thread;

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you to convey my utter disgust at the shoddy treatment received by me and numerous others who are currently trying to line Esat's pockets by attempting to subcscribe to your Broadband service.For numerous weeks now I have been fobbed off by clueless representatives over the phone due to the non-activation of said service.

This is despite having passwords,usernames and direct debit mandates activated by Esat several weeks ago.

I would like to stress how utterly unacceptable this chirade is and would at the very least expect some form of half decent explanation from somebody at Esat who posseses more than one brain cell to rub together.Perhaps yourself?

If not I shall be taking and recommending via the Ireland Offline forums my money to UTV Internet.Or perhaps even the dispicable eircom who despite being the unquestionable twats that they are can at least provide a decent service.

Regards,

And have just received a reply;

Wish u had written to me sooner, I can only apologize for what's happened, it
    will be sorted tomorrow if u can give us another chance

Rgds
    Bill

:):(:confused:

Following my email to Comreg telling them why I canceled the service which I cc'd to Bill Murphy and Angela Keegan, I got a reply from Bill within 10 minutes apologising for all the trouble, he also cc'd in their Director of Products, Customer Service & Corporate Sales Director and Angela Keegan who is meant to be a Customer Care manager too I believe.

Then an actually helpful person from EsatBT rang me. He is a Product Manager and asked me to come back to EsatBT and guaranteed to sort me out by Dec 30th.

It seems that Eircom prevent the other DSL providers from signing you up for 2 weeks if you ask Eircom to do a line check for you. It also seems that EsatBT has lodged an official complaint about this practice with Comreg.

My last line check was at the start of October and they still have me locked and EsatBT have to go through a few hoops to get me unlocked so they can sign me up. Apparently its not just me and that there are 60 other people in the same boat.

What pisses me off is that the customer care retards in EsatBT could have told me this at the end of October but chose not to then or on the other dozen times I called asking for an update.

I think its a sad sad state of affairs that it takes an email to the head of a major company before something as small as this issue gets sorted.

After emailing our good mate Bill in EsatBT again he stated he knows about his email address being dished out on these forums and he seems cool with that:
    I know that my mail address is on the "boards",
    it needs to be

Hope, EsatBT don't mind me quoting him, if they do I'll remove it.

Although he shouldn't have to do it, well done to Bill for responding so quickly and getting things done. Let's just hope he's being as proactive with billing.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

I'm sure Esat will be posting here in a UTV fasion anytime now ... ?

I did make that suggestion, it proved to be very very good PR for UTV. For the 100ish Euro a month IOL should think about getting a Commercial Interaction Forum and start answering peoples queries.

The Komplett board up until recently was a great resource where non komplett people were answering komplett queries or advising people free of charge. How cool is it to have a community work for you for free ? (apart from the standard set monthly fee for the forum)

Fair play Bill but I should not have to mention him so often (sorry Bill) , he always gets back to people and ensures that they know what is going on. Thats customer service for ya.

IOL's biggest problems are internal. They did get their Anytime product working smoothly both in terms of setup and billing and delivery of service in a predictable timeframe.

I fear the provisioning of the BB end is a shambles and that the ESAT brand BB is not much better . As there is a vague plan within ESAT to launch HDSL in the second half of next year I would urge ESAT to get their act firmly together as regards their BB provisioning and to do so as a matter of priority. If Eircom are really to blame for 'locking' lines then the customer should be told this and the customer should be given phil.nolan@eircom.ie as the contact to get the line UNLOCKED so that they can exercise their choice and go with IOL .

The inept Comreg will not exert the pressure on Eircom that a load of angry individuals and their TD's would .

The SLA expected of HDSL is a tad higher than that for RADSL or ADSL . I would baulk at sending anybody to ESAT at the moment , especially their IOL division.

M

According to the man himself the latest date for account activation is Monday the 29th Dec.

They're pressing Eircon to bring it forward however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

There is a faint glimmer of hope in this thread that ESAT is finally waking up to role that it was destined to fulfil: "COMPETITOR to eircom" and not the role that it has actually adopted: "CHEAP(NOT) PALE IMITATION of eircom"

However, one swallow does not a summer make. There have been many false dawns from ESAT. Perhaps it's the threat of extinction (or at any rate large scale downsizing) from parent BT that is galvanising Mr Murphy.

ESAT, wake up or die. We need head to head aggressive and innovative competition in the market. Not a 2nd rate eircom imitation.

Following on from my email to Mr Murphy last Friday I today received a phonecall from Esat BT again apologising for the delay,assuring me that my account will be switched on by the 29th of this month (but hopefully 3 or 4 days earlier) and also informing me that my BB modem,software,etc is being sent first thing tomorrow so as to avoid any further delays once my account is active.

Fingers crossed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭clearz

Hi

I have been having the same problem as you trying to get broadband (since the biginning of November)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129878&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
    I also sent an email to bill murphy who replied and also refered the matter to Angela Keegan who rang but I happened to be on the Internet so she left a voicemail saying that I would be switched on on the 30th. I just want to say thanks for pointing out about the equipment is been sent out to you yesterday because I rang them this morning when I seen this message and was told that my equipment will be sent out the next postal day after I get switched on. Yea Right, thats into the new year. So I have been trying to get through to Angela Keegans phone to get my equipment sent out now with no luck yet. Ill try again at 11.

John.

I wonder will all this personal dealing with customers give EsatBT management a slight clue that their sales and customer service departments are woeful.

Sack the lot of 'em Bill. Fresh start.

adam

Thats what I was thinking. Im sure Bill Murphy and the likes have better things to be doing than answering emails and calls to individual customers but If the company was run better they wouldent have to. At the end of the day its not the people that are answering the phones faults that it takes two months to get broadband. I mentioned this thread to the one I was speaking to on the phone today and she aggreed that the equipment should be sent out before the DSL is switched on. She even said she would do her best to see that this happens but who does she have to go to, somebody higher up the ladder and Im sure that aint going to happen.

BY THE HIGH HAND OF HOLY JESUS!!!

I received my IOLBB modem.

Now if only my bloody account was active....

*Oops.Almost forgot,but if it wasn't for this forum and some of its members I'd probably be still waiting and waiting and waiting.

Big thanks to those of you who pointed us in the right direction.

EsatBT have a complaints Manager too who can be reached at: Complaints@Esat.com I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Arsemonger,
    When you say your account isn't active how does it manifest itself?

I'm in a situation at the moment where all is well on the line side (nice green light and all that) but I can't log in or view my GB usage. When I rang up they (tech) told me that I was pre-pending but the other lot (sales) said that I was active.

Well,there isn't actually an account to speak of yet.Eircon haven't turned on my line.Esat merely sent me out the modem and various bits & bobs to prevent a further delay once the dicks at Eircom finally enable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I see I see. Well I suppose I not that bad. Actually, I'm doing this from my IOL BB account at the moment. They sorted my woes out late this afternoon.

Hope it all goes well.

Angela Keegan rang today to say my equipment was sent out so hopfully it will arive by monday then I just have to wait to the 30th. Oh I cant wait.

• Advertisement

Guess what folks?

My account has been activated.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement