Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone own a Compaq Armada M300?

Options
  • 10-12-2003 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I have one of these with a battery problem. A new battery is around 200 Euro so I didn't want to buy one only to find out the problem is in the machine. If anyone has one of these, I would be very grateful for the chance to swap batteries with mine to see if I can figure out which it is.
    I guess I should add that I live in Bray so somewhere within the North Wicklow or Dublin area would be great.
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

As far as I know compaq have recalled the power supplies.

On another note, I found somewherte that sells those at a nice price, I'm planning on buying one or possibly two. Any positive or negative points about them that I should know apart from the power supply issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

They did recall specific power supplies due to danger of causing a fire. This unit has a good ac adapter and that doesn't seem to be the problem.
    As far as the machine itself goes, we haven't had any problems other than this one and it always seemed quite solid in construction. It is thin and light with fairly decent performance.

Yeah, that's basically what I was looking for, something small light, portable etc.

Also I take it you hgot a dock with it, is the dock very upgradeable or what?

And would I need to pick up a nic for it or are they built in?

NIC and modem built into this one. It does have the expansion unit which is useful. This one has a dvd drive and floppy.
    So, any chance you will be getting one soon and I can try the battery?

They're getting them in sstock next week, I'll post here if I buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i have a couple of M300's in stock in the shop if you wanna try a battery.

Hi There,
    I pm'ed you. Where and when could we do this? I am keen to get it sorted.
    Thanks, iwb.

Advertisement