Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble for Enterprise

Options
  • 09-12-2003 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Seems that paramount might stop enterprise after its fourth season.. Damn shame I think ! I cant think of many episodes I didnt enjoy. :(
    More here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

lol...I wished Voyager would end after its first 2 seasons...but from season four onwards they started pulling out good episodes...

Enterprise will find its feet hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i hope they cancelle that sick joke to true star trek fans ....Fire B and B and make a new star trek show !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm quite enjoying series 3, series 2 was alright, series 1 sucked donkeys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

people seem to forget how long it takes to get these things up to scratch.

tng didn't start to get really good till series 3 and the same with ds9 and voyager. i'm sure enterprise will find it's feet soon. already looking good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

That is true...
    I hated the first 1-2 seasons of TNG and still am not too keen on them... The whole men with skirtlike uniform? What was with that? :P

Besides, Enterprise has been a lot better this season. Hopefully it might keep it up... With B&B behind the steering wheel though Enterprise would might find taking a bigger plunge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Originally posted by bizmark
    i hope they cancelle that sick joke to true star trek fans ....Fire B and B and make a new star trek show !

You dont think im a true fan ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Didn't know season 3 had started. When's it on?

I remember they had to get rid of those horrible uniforms from TNG seasons 1 &2 because they were giving the actors back problems :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Started in the US ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Yup but it starts on Sky One on Jan 5th at 9pm, continuing each week afterwards at 8pm according to Sky Viewer Relations... :)

You dont think im a true fan

If you watched and liked Tng or DS9 i consider you a true fan (seeming they where the best of the best) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

You really should give enterprise more of a chance.. maybe season3 il' change your mind. Only one bad episode so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if its starting at 9pm on sky one i'd say thats due to them reshowing the cliffhanger from last season at 8 iirc they did that last year also. looking forward to the new season hope it isn't cancelled as people mentioned the star trek shows don't tend to be great in the first few seasons

You really should give enterprise more of a chance

people always say that ........But i have given it 2 year's in which time all of maybe 2 episodes where any good and many more just ****s all over the star trek time line ......It took NOTTING like 2 year's for me to like Tng ds9 and voyager

If they get rid of Enterprise they will replace it with a new trek show.....which COULD be better and maybe produced by someone with 2 brain cell's to rub together

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They've lost it at this stage. They're trying to make "Trek for the masses" and in doing so they're giving a big ****-you to their current fans.

I mean even half the writers are non-trek fans.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

well least the folks above are saying good things about the 3rd season so i'm looking forward to it. The only way it up

The only way it up

Or moved to friday then cancelled after the 4th seasion :p (100th ep is important apperently)

ye of little fate......

i will mock thee when we are discussing how good the 6th season was and anticipating the 7th :)

will mock thee when we are discussing how good the 6th season was and anticipating the 7th

Id be the first to admit if the 3th season is good and will happly look forword to following season's if that is so.........However i still dont see enterprise ever draging its rateings back up (though on saying that their not "low" 4,2 million a ep compeared to 2 million for stargate sg1) Once you lose viewer's you dont get them back normaly.

ALSO the fact that they have f-ed up the history of ST so bad will piss me off for a long time to come :(

i thought someone mentioned recently thought that ratings where good for season 3. i expect a lot hangs in the balance of how this season goes.

id say so ....if this seasion goes well you never know......if it turns bad enterprise is dead

• Advertisement

i am looking forward to the start of the third season though i enjoyed the cliffhanger last season and i've seen some info in the monthly star trek mag about the xindi and how they consist of like 3 different races or so its all quite interesting.

Ya i seen many a picture of the Xindi their AMAZEINGLY well done though thats no supprise comeing from enterprise's SFX guys tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Enterprise is Voyager redux, really it is. It's no wonder either, from watching the special features and interviewson the DS9 dvds the only reason that DS9 was as good as it was, was simply because it had little to no interference from Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. Ira Behr was the last good thing to happen to Trek.

His involvement in season three of Ent really shows.

i didnt know he was back!....thats fecking great!!! is he staying on ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by vibe666
    people seem to forget how long it takes to get these things up to scratch.

tng didn't start to get really good till series 3 and the same with ds9 and voyager. i'm sure enterprise will find it's feet soon. already looking good anyway.
    It takes Star Trek that long, not other shows. Voyager never got "really good" either. Really toss at times, maybe. Hopefully Enterprise will be canned soon enough so the large funds it recieves can be allocated to more deserving shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

No not full time, he's doing 'The Twilight Zone' at the moment.

But during season 2, Berman swallowed his pride and realised Ent was in trouble, so he had a meeting with Ira to discuss possible directions for Enterprise, the season 2 cliffhanger and season 3 was the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

I thik enterprise is already better thanvgr ever was and its getting better

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i thought someone mentioned recently thought that ratings where good for season 3. i expect a lot hangs in the balance of how this season goes.
    The recent Thanksgiving episode got some of the lowest *ever* ratings for Trek. They need better ratings to justify their budget - Stargate: SG-1 is a better commodity currently as it costs a hell of a lot less to produce and does very well in syndication.

I despised 'Enterprise' after wasting a whole damn year on it when it began. I've been told from a few sources that S3 is worth watching though so I may give it a chance...

Thanksgiving episode got some of the lowest *ever* ratings for Trek.

Thats easely explaneable seeming most yanks would be makeing themself fatter and not watching enterprise

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ixoy
    The recent Thanksgiving episode got some of the lowest *ever* ratings for Trek.

yeah i think that needs to be taken in context also with it being thanksgiving and all. for example did other shows suffer a similar percentage drop?

have to say though it is an indication of casual fans. i'd probably be watching enterprise no matter what day it was on :)

off topic kevok are those DS9 dvd's good?

Advertisement