Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy Bubble Wrap

Options
  • 09-12-2003 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I didnt know where else to ask this so

Where can I buy a BIG roll of bubble wrap and some packing boxes?

I have some delicate electronic stuff (TFT monitor etc) I want to post and I don't have the original boxes. A shop would be ideal (or prefereably not somewhere down the back of some industrial estate.)

Thanks

s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can buy bubble wrap in Easons, but for the huge rolls you'd have to go somewhere like Viking Direct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

woodies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

For hugh rolls you will probably need to go to some sort of office supply store [eg. Viking Direct as mentioned above]. Take a flick through the Golden Pages or so to find them. You may find them in B&Q, Woodies etc. if you ask, dont think they have them though.

Anyways, admit it. You just got addicted to bursting the bubbles. You have nothing to wrap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by Winters

Anyways, admit it. You just got addicted to bursting the bubbles. You have nothing to wrap ;)

I mean, you can burst it in soooo many different ways, you can jump on it, or lie on it and roll around! Have I gone to far??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

if you check on the manufacturers website or call them they might send you the packaging required (for a nominal cost), i got this option when i had to return computer hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I noticed recently that Homebase have a selection of different sized rolls but maybe not the cheapest place to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

The best option for this in Ireland would be Abco Kovex. They manufacture bubble wrap and distribute all sorts of packaging materials.

As its 15 years since they asked, I'd be fairly sure they're sorted at this stage....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

spyderski wrote: »
    As its 15 years since they asked, I'd be fairly sure they're sorted at this stage....:rolleyes:

ffs why didn't I notice that before I added my reply :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

spyderski wrote: »

:D:D:D

I didn't notice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

If you are based in Dublin I  recently bought rolls of bubble wrap in Dealz for 1.50 a roll.  Although not huge rolls, they did the job.  Also bought sturdy cardboard boxes in Ikea, double pack for 6 euro you can fold them down to use again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement