Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd key problem

Options
  • 09-12-2003 3:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Ok so i have a legit copy of q3, and i have previously installed it on my hard drive, but my cousin has lost the case with the cd key on it. Now because of the q3 bug i had to re-enter my cdkey and i cant find it :mad: i know it is in the regedit dir somewhere but ive looked everywhere and googled it and still came up with nothing!

Any help would be much appreciated, thnx :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Its not in the registry, halflife keys are stored there but q3 cd keys are just stored in a file called 'q3key'. This is usually located in your baseq3 directory, but when you install a new mod it usually makes a new q3key file in that mod's folder.

If you deleted or overwrote the default q3key file in baseq3 directory then the best chance you have is checking other mod folders such as ~q3dir/osp or ~q3dir/threewave depending on what you have installed, and hopefully your original q3key file will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Cheers, solved the problem by just inserting the cd and it didnt bother asking for the cdkey and i was able to play grand:) is there any mods i sud be aware of or do most peopl just play dm?

CheerZ:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

OSP 1.3a.
    Threewave CTF - Lots of maps used for normal ctf play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

well to play online you`ll need your cd key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

nps i got my cdkey working, thnx for help:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement