Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra64 Platinum Edition 3.11 Released

Options
  • 08-12-2003 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Pulled this from Retrogames:

u64emu, the HLE Killer Instinct 1 and 2 emulator for windows hasn't been updated for over a year and now it's had two updates in one week! It can be downloaded from a forum post here.

Changes in version 3.11 include:
    - Fixed the sound issues.
    - HLE is now the ONLY mode available, hence the setting has been removed.
    - Added 1600x1200 Resolution
    - Simplified the renderer, should speed things up a bit.
    - Updated to DirectX 7.0, should further speed things up a bit.
    - Readded Killer Instinct 2

Changes in version 3.10 include:
    - New Overhauled GUI
    - Several compiler warnings fixed.

This is a great alternative to MAME if you have a slower machine and it doesnt play full speed, and from what I remember the requirements are around half of MAME, thanks to EFX for the headsup

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ive only got a chance to try it out know. The Gui is better but you still have to choose between KI and KI2 the old way more or less. The update has also messed up the video timeing for KI on my system. I've also been reading of some gfx errors appearing on the 3d stages:( Good to see the sound crackles being sorted and the spped up for anyone with a slower PC:) Hopefully he'll keep at it and finish what rcp didnt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Does anyone know the correct FPS that KI should be run at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bioyoshi

Hola ese emulador se puede jugar enlinea el link ya no fuciona y quiero bajarlo de nuevo lo tendras por ahi el u64 platino edicion

Gracias

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I'd just download MAME as that emualtor hasn't been supported in a long time...

Advertisement