Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BYE BYE Setanta

Options
  • 04-12-2003 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Setanta's off Down Under shows that he has the right idea to go for the money.

Wouldnt be surprised if more followed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

hes gone for the money alright, but wont he miss his mammy and her great food?

will he make the grade is another thing? injuries, homesickness etc have a big bearing.

colin corkery didnt make it.
    either did antony tohill.
    theyre both gaelic players.

still, good luck to him and all that. hell be handy when we play the aussies next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fair play to him.

he's only 20 so...even if he doesn't make the grade, I'm sure some other county in Ireland will be glad to have him play if Cork dont take him back! :p

one of todays paper's said that if the Aussies start tapping our youngsters it'll compromise the International Rules.

does that sound right?:confused:!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I don't think it'll compromise the compromise rules.:rolleyes:
    For the duration of the compromise series there has always been an Irish presence in Australian rules. I think the players can choose who they play for providing they're selected too. If enough Irish go over maybe it could become a 3 team-series!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Taigh Kinelly and stines did make it..and I think the wee cork mucker has what it takes. I doubt you will see him in the first team for about 12-24 months ...hes a wee bit weak for the AFL right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

hes a wee bit weak for the AFL right now

seeing him on the news at his first training session, id have to agree. pretty weedy looking compared to the aussies atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

There is a longer discussion on the Setanta going to Oz over at the Results from Home Discussion Board.

Results from Home is the Unofficials Results site for Cork GAA.

I really dont know if pimping other boards is what I want to see here. I understand you want to be helpful and direct some of us to a detailed discussion about this topic..but I would rather it was discussed on the GAA Forum on boards.ie

maybe next time you might express your own opinion before redirecting people away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Sure Tadgh Kennelly was "A bit weedy" when he went out but the gym work set him right i'd say he'll do well for himself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Fair Play to him, i think anyone on these boards who plays football, would play aussie rules if they were getting paid! i know i diffinitly would.
    As for being a bit light, it will be 12 to 18 months before he will be considered for the senior team, assuming the makes the cut, and he will, and a pro club like Charlton will have physios, dietitians, fitness coaches etc, so they will have him built up the way they want him.

Charlton Article
    Did you know he was born in Sydney!!

yep i think we all agree this is an excellent move for "Santy" and in a couple of years he will be a big name down under. fair play to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Originally posted by Alany
    I really dont know if pimping other boards is what I want to see here.

I'm sorry :-X
    I Won't be doing that again.

no worries wezzy ..I would just rather see discussion here along with that cork discussion board. I am always interested in other GAA forums ... just ied like to see this one being used also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah good luck to him,he'll settle down quickly and it wont take long to build up his muscles

Advertisement