Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emule

Options
  • 04-12-2003 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else using this? I cant get ANYTHING to download on it. What on earth am i doing wrong?

Ive done the connection wizard. Im trying to download stuff and am connecting to the server with the best ping etc but no joy...is ANYONE in this country(Ireland) having luck downloading from this?

If so could you help me out...

Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Yeah, I use it sometimes... you must leave it running for a while before it starts DLing anything (like 10 hours or so).
    Even when it starts, it will be fairly slow (my speed are between 5 - 15 K).
    If you're gonna use it, select several things for download, and then you leave the computer on 24/7 untils its done downloading (if you intend to turn the computer off, you might aswell not use eMule, as you'll never get anything DLed anyways).

The thing that's good about it is that you can find almost anything on eMule... I only use it if I cannot find what I'm looking for as a bittorrent or on a FTP or something... basically... eMule is the last program I try.. although I must say that I have yet to fail finding what I'm looking for on eMule.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

If you are you need to forward the ports. (Are you coming up with a LowID?)
    port 4662, 4711 TCP and port 4672 UDP – have to be forwarded
    This allows other clients to connect directly to you when you get to the top of thier queue.
    Try to connect to RazorBack or Probenprinz.de as these seem to have the most number of files.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What the hell is a LowID everyone waffles on about it when it comes to routers and slow downloads?!!:p, what is it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Lowid - don't know.
    What's a mule doing in the Broadband forum ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by tonky
    Lowid - don't know.
    What's a mule doing in the Broadband forum ?

Jesus arent you ****ing hilarious? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ok, sorry about that, couldn't resist it. Anyhows, I assume you're using a PC with a broadband connection... I used eMule up to a couple of months ago on the Windoze laptop, 56K dialup, before I got BB. It was ok if very slow. There's a couple of things; If you're using Broadband, what provider/modem/router are you using?. What happens when you attempt to download?, does it just sit there?
    If I get time, I'll have a go at it on Friday.
    Best
    E.

Im on IOL BB. Zyxel prestige 630 usb modem. No router.

Obviously on 56k it would be disastrous. Im still getting used to this whole bit torrent/emule way of life...its not happening though

Gone are the days of Audiogalaxy...the BEST p2p there ever was for music.

Ah yes, Audiogalaxy, This eMule had an association with FileDonkey, hmmm. Must have a look in the morning.
    Oh yeah - Windows 9x or XP?

win xp

Audiogalaxy seriously kicked ass...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

eDonkey servers will give you a LowID if you can't accept incoming connections (ie - if you are behind a firewall)

Set up port forwarding on your router (there's a tutorial on this on the eMule website somewhere).

The main disadvantage of having LowID is that you can't download files off other LowID users.

Sometimes I have to leave eMule open for days before a download will complete. (PS - If it's rare music you're after, try Soulseek)

• Advertisement

Ronaldo7:
    Tried eMule on a Win98Se laptop. Small files were ok. Larger test files 5Mb+ were giving crap speeds 1-2Kb if downloading at all. Are you just getting to the transfer screen and waiting status is on your search items?
    Dunno, can't test with XP, Sold PC months ago to get Macs.
    If your XP "firewall" is disabled, I can't think of anything else, you're not using a router.... maybe the whole emule system is just a lamer . Don't know. If it was a Firewall/Router issue, you'd probably be getting errors from the servers like - "port 4662 not reachable" or something similar. Sorry, maybe some XP guru has some other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i would like to clarify something, using a router/firewall will NOT affect speeds. (unless its a very bad one). All that would be affected is the ability to connect to others, and their ability to connect to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

i would like to clarify something, using a router/firewall will NOT affect speeds. (unless its a very bad one). All that would be affected is the ability to connect to others, and their ability to connect to you.

In other words the speed of your download..........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

eMule is truely brutal, but at least I can actual find some NYPD Blue episodes on it, it's just a pity I can't download any of them...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

-edit-
    I suppose you payed the full price to download all those movies. Please dont discuss warez/post pictures. If in doubt read the charter.
    Chief.
    -end edit-

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Thread locked due to warez content.

Chief.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement