Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1 = $1.21

Options
  • 03-12-2003 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Now's the time to buy from the states, it's practically 20% off their internet prices.

I'm thinking of getting this beauty
    sr3006esol_Ibanez.jpg

Over here €2000 +

Over there $1100 = €918

Oh yes, it's on!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

interesting ... what are the best/safest American sites to order from, i'm looking for an entry-level electric (wouldn't be gigging), €300-400 ish any recommendations ?
    don't you have reservations about not playing it beforehand, dead notes and what not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

My god man! :D Is the Ric not enough for ya?! :D Lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by parasite
    interesting ... what are the best/safest American sites to order from, i'm looking for an entry-level electric (wouldn't be gigging), €300-400 ish any recommendations ?
    don't you have reservations about not playing it beforehand, dead notes and what not :/

http://www.music123.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

www.music123.com

I've been looking at this one (and it's 5 string brother) for a while. They get unanimously good reviews for build quality. I'm a bit concerned about getting the 6 string, just because it's a very big leap from the 4 strings I know and love, so a 6 string is gonna feel wierd to me anyway. I don't expect to be able to play it well for quite a while.

If you're spending €3 - 400 I'd steer you towards buy and sell. You'll get better value buying a mid-range guitar second hand, rather than getting a new one of lower quality.

It'd only be worth importing on more expensive instruments, 'cos there are greater savings to be made which cover the cost of shipping, import duty, etc.

What do you have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

careful now with the exchange rate, I don't want to put a downer on anything but I was in NYC recently, the rate was €1 - $1.19, I bought loads on the ould flexible friend, when I checked my bill the exchange rate used was not nearly as good. I think I got €1 = $1.13 or $1.14. The rate you get really depends on your credit card company, some only change their rates once a week others use a percentage off the actual rate.

You'll still get the stuff way cheaper then here either way so happy internet shopping......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Doctor J: yeah, that makes sense, but it seems even at that price range you can save 100€+, which is better than a kick in the balls. I'll have a look out for the buy and sell so. I'm just looking for a standard tele/strat i guess, haven't really researched it enough yet ...
    hrmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

how much do you have to pay to customs to get something like that into the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Parasite - check buy and sell for a Japanees or Mexican made Fender (for €400 you should be able to land a Fender rather than a Squier).

Tuxx - it's 3.7% import duty and then 21% VAT. It still works out cheaper. I phoned Musican Inc - they could get the 5 string for €1900 and no case :eek:

From music123.com - the 6 string is $1120 + case $90 + shipping $115 = €1106

+ 3.7% import duty €41
    + 21%VAT €235

gives a grand total of €1382.

From www.musicstorekoeln.de it's €1598 (without a case or shipping) and thomann don't have it. I've sent a mail asking if they can get it in but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Looks good to me :D

Advertisement