Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill payment methods

Options
  • 02-12-2003 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

is it just me or is the only reason eircom have a monopoly on the comms market because their the only telco that allows you to pay your bill at the post office?
    i mean out here in rural ireland, all utility bills are paid at the local P.O.(its like a local gathering spot for the auld folk). maybe if other telcos enabled you to pay your bill at the P.O then their would be more uptake on their services..

not everyone has a credit card and most people nowadays cant be arsed with the hassles of direct debit.

Just a thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Esat let you pay your bill at the post office as well. It's on the payment part of the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

not according to the website they dont, only payment options are direct debit and credit card

The Esat BT Advantage service is only available with Direct Debit.

maybe they should let the consumer know before they sign up with the service!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by SeeYouJimmy
    not according to the website they dont, only payment options are direct debit and credit card
    Might be with the advantage service. However, I can only tell you what's been on the Esat phone bill that I've received for the past three years and let you know that I paid (some of) my Esat bill using grubby fivers in the post office only last week. They offer five different payment options listed on the back of my bill (namely the post office, cheque, AIB online, CC and DD).

If their more recent offering offers bill payment only by DD it might be a factor for some (though still cheaper per transaction for Esat so they probably don't care).

it would be interesting to find out how many people use the post office for bill payments, or better still how many eircom subscribers pay their bill at the post office

• Advertisement
Advertisement