Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish language support for ms word 2000

Options
  • 01-12-2003 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

is there anywhere i can download an irish dictionary for my computer?
    i'm currently writing an essay in irish and apart from all the red lines underneath the words being annoying, it would also be very handy to have a spell checker for some of the words. i'm aware i should probably use my dictionary and the spelling changes in the different tense would probably screw it up anyway, but i'm just curious...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I have been looked for some before and could never get any i am afraid. Foras na Gaeilge have a site call www.focloir.ie but it seems to be about something else!! Your best bet is to do it the hard way for now. Perhaps this is a project Gúm would like to get involved in?

Slán Slán

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

its amazing what a little looking as opposed to being lazy will do

www.egt.ie

a spell checker for ms word, mac and linux. order cd with full technical support for €30 or get the free downloadable version.

i rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

There's also www.gaelspell.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

tis actually the same thing...
    yes, it boggles the mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

A version of Gaelspell for Macintosh is maintained by me at http://www.evertype.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

It does not work with Mac OS, however. It is a shame that ITÉ didn't insist.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Bhí ceann doibh sinn ag teastáil uaim le blianta anuas. Agus tá sé saor. Go raibh maith agaibh!

:D Ag download agus me ag scríobh!

Advertisement