Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Generals

Options
  • 29-11-2003 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I bought generals yesterday but it just takes ages to install. I have plenty of requirements so i dont know. is this the same with everybodys copy. also i noticed that the copy i got was open and there was fingerprints on the underside of the cds. which would suggest it was returned before. dont see what the problem could be cause i also bought gta vice city and that runs really smoothly. so if anyone could help???????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Generals does take ages to install, no idea why, took about 10-15 mins on my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

Well it seems there is something wrong with my copy. When i posted i never said that i finished installing. When it gets to bout 88% i get an error message saying cannot find data 2 blah blah. this is when the 2nd cd is in so i tried the first cd aswell no luck. I have to bring it back tomorrow but its going to be hard cause they will probaly say that i just copied it or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

if its opened and finger prints on the cd you should _NEVER_ accept it.
    Who did you buy it from? Someone else obviously returned it as its faultyand they just put it back on the shelf. Disgraceful.

It doesnt matter what they think, if its faulty you get your money back. If they dont demand to speak to a manager and get them to try installing it if they still dont believe you.

If they dont replace (v unlikely) then come back here i guess for further advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

the error you probably get is 'error cannot find data2.cab' or sometrhing like that, it does mean that the cd is corrupt or physically broken ie. scratched or actually brake in it.

Bring it back! and don't be a wuss cause i bought something from game about 5 months ago and they tried to tell me that they check them before they give them out to customers and i went as far as getting the manager to get the video tape that day cause they were being pricks and the guy behind the counter never checked it or showed me them to confirm they were ok! i got a €15 free voucher for it too ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Bring it back! and don't be a wuss cause i bought something from game about 5 months ago and they tried to tell me that they check them before they give them out to customers and i went as far as getting the manager to get the video tape that day cause they were being pricks and the guy behind the counter never checked it or showed me them to confirm they were ok! i got a €15 free voucher for it too ;-))

Nice work :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

Ya i took it back alright. They took they're time to give me an exchange. Thats another thing should i have not been able to get my money back. Dont know they have to be so akward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

off topic is anybody know where i can join
    an online gaming clan for C&C!??

especially an irish one;)

Advertisement