Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hangover cure

• 25-11-2003 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

what do you use as your hangover cure???
    myself i just drink loads of coke last friday i had 8 cans in college before lunch time!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

You don't just use one thing - make your whole day the hangover cure.

Today I've started with tea and danish, gonna move on to a good dose of solpadeine, then some rubex, probly have a kebab for lunch. Now that's a hangover cure.

And smoke as little as possible unless you're trying to induce a potentially nasty movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Drink tea and eat lotsa toast for Brekkie........... Works for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

a bottle of lucozade and a breakfast roll works for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

There is one Sure fire cure for a hangover. YOU hook up a saline line into you body via IV and rehydrate your body. But if you dont have access to IV and medical supplies ..which I dont.. I have " The superduper hangover cure"

Its a 10 point plan points 1-4 and uber important

1. ****e--- Crimp off a nice 17" poo to get the ball rolling
    2. Shower -- Hot as hell...steam your pours....and so on...
    3. Teeth brushing -- 2 or 3 times and mouth wash too.
    4. Fry - Saussies, rashers, eggs, toast and tea ( pud, mushies and beans optional)
    5. Coffee
    6. Oj
    7. sitting down
    8. light lunch
    9. Big Dinner
    10. More drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I would recommend that after you do step one the next step is to place a "do not enter" or "out of order" sign on the bathroom door. Open all windows in the bathroom the help get rid of the odour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by Alany
    There is one Sure fire cure for a hangover. YOU hook up a saline line into you body via IV and rehydrate your body. But if you dont have access to IV and medical supplies ..which I dont.. I have " The superduper hangover cure"

Its a 10 point plan points 1-4 and uber important

1. ****e--- Crimp off a nice 17" poo to get the ball rolling
    2. Shower -- Hot as hell...steam your pours....and so on...
    3. Teeth brushing -- 2 or 3 times and mouth wash too.
    4. Fry - Saussies, rashers, eggs, toast and tea ( pud, mushies and beans optional)
    5. Coffee
    6. Oj
    7. sitting down
    8. light lunch
    9. Big Dinner
    10. More drink
    that sounds like one hell of a cure usually if i really bad i cant eat antthing else i get sick all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

two pints. Or four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I find the best way to cure a hangover is to annoy the hell out of every1 else in the house with constant moaning about your sore head!!

Then have a nice hot cup of tea & back to bed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

have a toss, then turn over and go back to sleep

Originally posted by lafortezza
    have a toss, then turn over and go back to sleep
    or use the hands free kit and get the missus to do it for you:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

A bit of prevenition is always a good start, try to schoole yourself to having a couple of pints of water when you get home sloshed.

My plan is usually to get as much soakage and liquids into me as I can, greasy crap is great too fries, burgers and kebabs always take the edge off for me. Painkillers are your friend, but I always forget to have some on me.

The home hangover cure for me involves sleep, drink two pints of water, sleep, pee, drink two pints of water and repeat. You'd want to have a shake in there at some stage as well.

If you have to get up and go to work then water, a bit of coffee but not too much, a fry with loads of toast and painkillers.

My ideal Hangover kit: Long hot shower, Brekkie Roll, Lucozade Sport (non-fizzy), McDonalds Double Quarter Pounders, Air Waves, Listerine Thin Ice, Listerine, Water and Painkillers.

I think my cure proabbly does more damage than the drinking in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Just don't go to sleep when your drunk. Wait an extra hour or two before you go to bed the night before. Obviously this gets harder to do the more you drink you've had, but I usually try anyway. Internet is a nice way to stay awake after a night out. Although we all know the results of posting/chatting when drunk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Originally posted by Rabies
    I would recommend that after you do step one the next step is to place a "do not enter" or "out of order" sign on the bathroom door. Open all windows in the bathroom the help get rid of the odour.
    and dont light any fires.

i find that 2 solphadine in a pint of water before you go to bed is a good preemptive strike against hangovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

Dont know cas i can honestly say that ive never had 1 and i drink as much as the next fella.

jaysus ive often had around the 10 pints mark and been up the next morning at 8 studying. i dunno it just doesnt hit me. I'd be pissed aliright but a couple hours kip and im laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Zaytoon goodness just did the trick for me. Followed by a rubex and centrum cocktail cos I'm totally ripped - BEEFCAKE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by uum
    Dont know cas i can honestly say that ive never had 1 and i drink as much as the next fella.

jaysus ive often had around the 10 pints mark and been up the next morning at 8 studying. i dunno it just doesnt hit me. I'd be pissed aliright but a couple hours kip and im laughing
    Won't last too long dude, they'll get steadily worse as you move through your twenties.

I'm 25 now and I've had some truly awful awful hangovers in the last couple of years. I'm okay if I have a day off the next day I just sleep through them but if I have to get up it's a painful business.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

My cure... Lots and lots of Lucozade sport. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I reckon that prevention is better than cure.

Just don't stop being drunk.

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    I reckon that prevention is better than cure.

Just don't stop being drunk.
    me likes the way you think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bacchus

1: biggest dump of you life - get all the badness out of you.
    2: Long HOT shower, sweats the drink out of you and if you're going to throw up at all, this will help get it out of you (don't get sick in shower though).
    3: Depending on the state of your stomach, either eat loads of greasy food or the bare minimum. Go easy on the milk, it can curdle/go sour in your stomach and make you vomit again.
    4: Loads of Lucozade Sport or Powerade.
    5: Excercise, I try and play squash or basketball(although, basketball can give you a headache - all that bouncing) or go for a run the next day. If you make it through it, you'll be as right as rain.

Before you go to bed, plenty of water or even orange juice if you can handle it. Keep a pint of water by your bed as well.
    Don't take painkillers before you go to bed!!! That can mess you up. I think they agitate(sp?) the lining in your stomach even more and can give a worse hangover the next day. Even the next day, try to go without unless you're really bad. I don't take em most of the time and I fell fine after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Just drink loads and loads of fluids and soup and bread is always easier on the stomach if ur feeling hungry a big dump can always help as well if u have been on the guiness .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Just drink loads and loads of fluids and soup and bread is always easier on the stomach if ur feeling hungry a big dump can always help as well if u have been on the guiness .

I used to feel really refeshed the next day after drinking but I've been getting some of the nastiest hangovers ever in the last year...like I rarely get a headache - it's just mostly feeling really bloated and shabby.

I've found, the best way to avoid a hangover if you've just had about 16 drinks like Ro: maaan! said is to stay awake for a bit longer. Drink about a litre of water too in this time, and some vit c tablets etc.

Don't get me wrong, you'll still feel like shíte the next day, but at least you'll be able to do stuff...

the ONLY hangover cure is to not drink...sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

The scientific way,

My mates a doctor and her patented hangover cure is.

500ml Saline IV (best let her stick you with the needle)

Rehydrating salts (package you can get in any pharmacy, rehydrating salts cost 50c and are amazing)

Two painkillers

And two of the pills they give to people undergoing cemo to reduce naseau.

And a large pint of water.

Half n hour and you're capable of anything. lucky she lives just around the corner....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

more alcohol.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

yes, best cure is another pint of what you were drinking the night before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For some reason a Burger King Whooper meal with a large Sprite always sorts me out when I'm feeling particularly nasty. Aside from that, two paracetamol and a couple of pints of water before I go to bed usually keeps me feeling human the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

more alcohol.....

Correct, and dope, to counteract the drink in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Rabies
    a bottle of lucozade and a breakfast roll works for me

i second this . it dosnt have to be a breakfast roll anything basicly thats food . get sick maby once then eat a load of food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Correct, and dope, to counteract the drink in some way.

Large Bong and then sleep for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

My old Boss swore by this
    and she was hot!

Bring a bannana into a hot Shower with you
    And eat it while having the shower

I know what you were all thinking..

You should be right as rain as soon as.

If that don't work
    Fix yourself a really HOT Bloody Mary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by mycroft
    And a large pint of water.
    What's a large pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

more alcohol.....

It took a whole page for people to come to that conclusion- for shame!

If you got to go to stupid work then I can't really advise the Jim Morrison breakfast ("woke up this morning and got myself a beer") so why not try one of the stealth drinks, Snoops fav cocktailizzle- a Gin and Juice (get yer vitamin C aswell why don't you) or a nice bloody mary (not everyone's cup of tea but with a light dash of tabasco can wake your head up too- albiet more spiceyness to add to the acidic package) Or if caffiene and sugar is your bag, just carry a naggin of vodka with you and a big bottle of coke, mix and sip all day. Best bet- get some takeaway, and one of those coke cups with the straw, nobody will be any the wiser. Of course I advise you read this article 1st. Great site, not just advice but a way of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

dying-radar-2.jpg

I love this picture- just thought I'd throw it in :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement