Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who misses Late Night Poker?

Options
  • 25-11-2003 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it is repeated on Discovery Home and Leisure on Sky, but who wishes that there were new editions? Channel 4 have stopped commissioning it, who wants another series?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DMC
    Yes, it is repeated on Discovery Home and Leisure on Sky, but who wishes that there were new editions? Channel 4 have stopped commissioning it, who wants another series?!

I loved watching it when it was on C4, there was so many characters who played, all with their hats and sunglasses.

Only disturbing thing was the near orgasmic delight the presenter got when the river card was turned over to reveal....
    the 4 of clubs!!!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Two words: Devil Fish

For my money, the best player I've seen. Savage player.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

That show kicked ass alright.

I remember once there was this Egyptian (I think) guy on (can't remember his name) and he was such a fucking asshole, throwing bluffs down triumphantly and mouthing off. I'm almost sure everyone at the table ganged up on him, when he got knocked out there was such a subtle air of satisfaction. Fantastic stuff.

I saw an American version of it when I was in a mate's house, on one of those crazy digital channels I can never remember. $100,000 top prize and it was only one part of a tour. The tour leader had won almost $2m in the season so far. Crazy bidness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KevinR

It's great that H+L are showing the old series still though! No matter how annoying he is, I think Phil Helmuth is a great player too.. plays the people almost as much as he plays the cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well, Poker Million - The Masters II returns in April to Sky Sports, something to look forward to.

http://www.pokermillion.com/the_masters.htm

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by KevinR
    It's great that H+L are showing the old series still though! No matter how annoying he is, I think Phil Helmuth is a great player too.. plays the people almost as much as he plays the cards!

Which one is he?
    The name's familiar alright, but I can't think of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

ah used to love late night poker, and devil fish what a character, brilliant. pity channel 4 have stopped it. i heard that devil fish used to play in canterbury while i was over there, not sure if thats where he was from though but i never could manage to find out where the games happened there. ah well. maybe some other time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KevinR

Originally posted by Samson
    Which one is he?
    The name's familiar alright, but I can't think of him.

American guy, always very mouthy at the table. Won the WSOP a good few times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I used to love sitting up watching it on Channel 4, and I thought it great when I saw it on H+L there a few months back. I just loved to watch it but never really put names to faces. I was always more interested in the hands than the players, but I would watch the way they bluffed as well. Wish I could be that good - atm I tend to lose every hand I play. Must be my obvious ticks such as taking oreo's and breaking them in 2 and eating them......hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Who can forget Jimmy White beating all the top players in last years poker million. He was the jamiest player I'd ever seen, was hitting the river left, right and centre. Bring on next April.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

"Thats not a hand it's foot"

Ah yes late night poker, great stuff. By the way you always have a good chance of running into some big names in the bigger tourneys in Ireland. I was at the first night of the Winter Festival of poker in the Merrion a few weeks ago and plenty of big names in evidence. I was playing the same table as Lucy rokach (one of the best Female players in the game) and my mate was sat beside Noel Furlong no less (winner of the WSOP 1999). I also spotted the Hendon Mob, http://www.thehendonmob.com/ , and Roy "the boy" Brindley and I'm fairly sure your hero Devilfish was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I miss LN poker...

Very good show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Strangely I used to play alot more when it was on....

and they say TV doesn't affect peoples actions!

I lost so much money to poker on the night rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Challenge TV (Sky Satellite) airs 'World Poker Tour', which is a pretty good show..
    Dunno how recent the series is though..

Alot of the big players feature..

Advertisement