Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else hate missy elliot?

Options
  • 23-11-2003 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

jesus i think she is the ****test hip hop star ive ever seen, her raps are so ****in lame, and she has to stress words so bad to make them rhyme. anyone else here agree that she should never be played on the radio ever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yep, she's well and truely DIRE.
    it's not even like she's hot or anything ffs:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get ur freak on!!!

yeh shes crap alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

If her singles are anything to go by she is more interested in attracting american dance music fans as well as rap fans.
    I wouldnt rate her stuff too highly tbh. Get Your Freak On quite annoyed me.

Does anyone wonder how she constantly gets away with drug references that other artists would never get away with? I presume Pass the Dutch is a dope reference. And in the video For My People theres a huge amount of ecstasy references,both in the lyrics and the video(it even ends with a E branded pill on the screen)

So why can she get away with it but most other artists have theirs edited,even to the point of occasionally having alcohol references cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I just though the one where she tried to sound Jamacian was abysmal. Ugh. It pains me to even remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Actually I used to hate her but now I actually like some of her stuff. She's got her own style, which is a fresh sound in hip-hop from what I can see. If you know of someone else who sounds like that then fair enough - but tbh she's been doing it her way for a long time.

To point something out - "Get yer freak on" is my ringtone, and I LOVED gossip people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

holler! shes grand... tis just fun stuff like.. nothing pretentious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I haven't bought any of her albums but i don't by any means hate her. Gossip people was fairly funky and i'm kinda looking forward to the missy and ludacris collabo, although i reckon ludacris + redman would be the ideal matchup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I wouldn't mind her that much if she didn't make so much money when people with a hundred times more rhyming skill get nothing.
    ludacris + redman
    *shudders*
    Christina was excusable, that would just be pushing it too far.

Whatever happened to the good 'ol days, with Busta, Q-Tip, Phife Dawg and Redman. Now that was a collaberation.
    (On a simillar note, does anyone know why MC Solaar did that song with Missy? I mean, honestly, MC Solaar is one the greatest french rappers of all time with lyrics that mean something...and Missy is, well, a pop emcee.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

For American exposure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

of course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

ever heard "cop dat disc"
    i thought it was pretty good. Apart from that, most of her stuff is utter crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Do you mean the Timbaland and Magoo song "Cop Dat Shit"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

missy is a ****ing genius! how can you hate on her stuff, its next level shiznit altogether, she fits timbalands production so well, she has her own vibe her own style, her lyrics might be a bit of an aquired taste but jesus i think she's the best woman in hip hop...

that nu:tone bootleg of work it is classic too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

get diplo's hollertronix mix with missy's gossip folk over clash's rock the casbah. crazy fiend music the whole album.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 christ

missy eliott is a competent rapper, and her production and references are excellent. what demerits her is her lack of iconoclastic ambition: she is content to challenge only a very limited number of the many societal strictures imposed on her as a black american woman. ideally, she should disavow her CHRONIC materialism, and help forge a less greedy, individualistic mainstream rap culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Translation: Y0 Missy keep it real!! Fo shizzle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

shes fat and can't rap. oh.....did I mention shes FAT. Absolute cr*p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I respect that fact that she's tried (trying) to do things differently and make some original hip-ho, however I couldn't ever get into any of her stuff, I really hate her music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I respect her because she is making money and is popular even though she is a fat duffer. Breaking the whole pop image thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Regardless of skill and all that. For some reason or another I just don't like her. I hope she falls over... There ya go.

Peace...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 $azza

Hi every~one!!!!;)

Jst sayin i tink missy is K#L#A#S#S!!!!!!!!:D :confused::D

Advertisement