Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Outkast album

Options
  • 22-11-2003 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah, tis a great album, big boi maintains the hiphop aspect whilst dre goes on a prince stylee. They're both great, been listening to em both all weekend.

As far as i know, they couldn't really decide how they wanted to make the album so they both thought it might be interesting to do solo projects. The fact that they both come together as an Outkast album would be so we don't all think they've split

Big Boi "Because me n dre we be ok!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Speakkerbox or whatever?
    Eeeh? Am I the only one that thinks its crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Nope.
    And the video scares the living b'jasus out of me.

I'm not a huge fan of there new stuff but I will get a listen to the album some point soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've only listened to The Love Below so far. I like it, quite funky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

speakerboxxx is class!!! the love below isnt great IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭L4

You have to listen to both of them for a while I think. Wasn't impressed at first.
    Both are different but good their own respects. Speakerboxx has more good tunes but the Love Below's good songs are better than the best of S.Boxx.
    I prefered the previous album 'Big Boi & Dre present.... Outkast' though.
    Also, in a few tunes on the recent double album they mention in their lyrics that they are both still as together as ever, but wanted to try their own sh!te. The extended video of Hey Ya has, at the start, Big Boi and 2x Andres talking and again they mention that they're just trying their own stuff.

Iwas never a fan of outkast . But i read some good reviews here

Gotta be album of the year for me.

A little OT but the box is the most annoying thing about the album, when i first opened it it snapped out of place and i can't seem to fix it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭L4

Exact same happened to my cover. The book was too fukin thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

critic.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

The new album is great...Seems it has really taken them awhile to make a "great" ablum though. Most of the ablums only had 1 or 2 hit songs...this one is great and a good buy. OutKast has matured into a great Rap/HipHop type group.

I say congrats to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Aquemini was a great album.

i cant stop listening to this Album!

There are NO bad tracks on Speakerboxxx:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I was just wondering where the cheapest place to find this in Dublin is. I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy it online, and I don't have much money, so I don't want to see it €5 somewhere after I buy it.
    Thanks.

It's a brand new album so the cheapest places are normally Tesco.

Or you could just steal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I'm definetly not a fan of Outcast but i like one of their tracks and dats "Hey Ya!". I listened to their album and i honestly think its ****!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

outcast and outkast are too differnt entities right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

I prefered the previous album 'Big Boi & Dre present.... Outkast' though

eh that was a greatest hits album

The new album is great...Seems it has really taken them awhile to make a "great" ablum though. Most of the ablums only had 1 or 2 hit songs...this one is great and a good buy.

Southernplayalisticadillacmusik
    Atliens
    Aquemini
    Stankonia

Stankonia isnt that great but the other three are generally considered classics and just as good if not better than Speakerboxx/ The Love Below. There up there with any band in terms of consistency of quality music they have released.

Great album anyway miles ahead of anything else released last year for hip-hop

Stankonia... Don't think I ever listened to it fully through... liked that track though... can't remember it... "Hahaha we LOVE these hoes!"

Advertisement