Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth & Nokia 6310i

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭kernel32.dll

This :
    I used to use my Nokia 6310i with my old laptop via the cable connection to use the modem as a modem.

Should read:
    I used to use my Nokia 6310i with my old laptop via the cable connection to use the mobile as a modem.
    ]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I got the MSI bluetooth adapter off Komplett (a bit cheaper I think) and had a good bit of trouble getting it going with my 3650 and Nokia PC Suite. However after a bit of tinkering it now works and all is good. Don't know what the story is with the E-Magic dongle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭kernel32.dll

Kewl - thanks.

So I suppose that any generic adapter will work.

What kind of tinkering had you to do to get it working?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - please read this thread about the Nokia 6310i and Bluetooth

the Bluetooth implementation is a different story to the Symbian based Nokia handsets (e.g. 7650/3650) - so there are a few extra pit-falls to watch out for

also, there is a new Mobiles Forum just set-up to take care of Mobile queries like this

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I have been using my Nokia 6310i to connect to the Internet (via GPRS) via Bluetooth for about one year now. I have just a generic digicom bluetooth adapter for my laptop (an oldish Apple iBook), with NO drivers of any kind. It just works, though sometimes the bluetooth on the phone seems to "lock up", so I need to switch off the phone, and switch it on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Your right Dial-Up works grand with most any Bluetooth dongle (on Win/Mac) - just to use the Nokia PC Suite application to take advantage of Syncing, backup, etc. you have to be a bit more careful which dongle to use - on a Mac OS X it's not an issue as it doesn't support the Nokia PC suite...

Apple sure had a much slicker, intuitive and reliable Bluetooth implementation than currently offered by Windows... also the enhanced experience with the likes of a Sony Ericsson (or Symbian) handset with iSync and apps like Salling Clicker is great - best use I have is running presentations from the phone / Plam (with the slide prompts coming up on the screen).

Apple's approach has many impressed with how it implemented Bluetooth, compared to the often nightmare situation Windows users currently find themselves in...

BrianG

Advertisement