Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predict the final!

Options
  • 18-11-2003 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

So the auld enemy and those jumped up Aussies are to go head to head in the final, it could be the game of the century or a true bore only for the oficianado. What kind of game do you think it'll be and who will win it?

Who'll win in what type of game? 26 votes

It'll be a fast flowing game for all the family
    0% 0 votes
    It'll be a game only the true rugger bugger will enjoy
    15% 4 votes
    England Win
    42% 11 votes
    Austrialia Win
    42% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

What a choice!

We can opt to support a bunch of one dimensional regimented automatons posessed of an innate sneering arrogance, who play a game that is alien to all true rugby sensibilities, led by a coach who could get a Nobel Prize for whinging and cheer led by the most obnoxious, chauvinistic press in the Western World.....
    or we could support England.

It could be a Nickelodeon Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

I'll stand by my prediction for an aussie win (by 7 points), looking good with home advantage, a sound defence & an overconfident opposition. Fingers crossed for decent weather.
    Both are obnoxious winners, but at least Aus is on the other side of the world so we wont hear the crowing as much:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

more than likely the english will try and kill the game and with wilkenson make it as boring as only they can do. but im hoping to god that the aussies will beat them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

England by 20 points.

At least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 P_Doddy

I hope Australia win. If they can hold it together they have the beating of them. If England do win ...... we'll never hear the end of it until the next rugby world cup!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I just don't want to see Johnson pick up that trophy. I wouldn't mind so much if it was Wilko - I respect the guy and his attitude.

C'mon the Aussie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Wilkinson will go off hurt, poms will cry foul, and aussies willscrap it in, and the cosmos will be at peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

England 24 - Australia 15
    no tries, all kicking, crap match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well they did thier level best to loose it but ENG-ER-LAND
    win at the death thanks yet again to Wilko and with his wrong foot! Good to se the trophy come "topside" for the first time.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i was flicking through the channels after the match, and i heard some football commentator (i think they said he was mark laurence??? i'm not up on football), who was saying that they were cheering for england on the other side of the irish sea (i.e. here) well, judging by the above comments, the guy couldn't have been more wrong!! heh heh! that's just an example of how blinkered the british media can be in their view that the world loves england, rather like the american media!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Originally posted by daveirl
    Delighted it was entertaining, gutted that England won.

good game
    England winning will not affect my life -

- the way some people were talking it was going to be unbearable

- those people need to take a long look at themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement