Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Cartoons

Options
  • 15-11-2003 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All;

I suppose what I mean is more japanese cartoons translated to Chinese - I'm thinking in particular of cartoons such as sailormoon, dragonball z and shin chan.

Anyone know what the chinese of these are? I think shin chan is dai hau jai - roughly translating to big mouth boy :)

It makes more sense in chinese than English.. that makes me wonder if it makes even more sense in japanese than chinese!

Anyone watching any cartoons currently in chinese to compare against their equivalents in English?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I prefer to watch anime in Japanese with English subtitles rather than English dubbed or even Chinese dubbed. I think Dragonball z is called Lung Ju. Sailormoon is may siu liu seen ji. on another note how do I remember these names? Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ezpzie

Isn't it strange?

I remember seeing pokemon in Chinese and then watching the equivalent version in english and the english version meant something completely different (it was pushing morale values on pokemon I believe, but the chinese version was saying something along the lines of they couldn't keep it due to it's natural calling). Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I know. Direct translations never work, especially not from japanese to Chinese, that's why I never watch the anime when i'm in Hong Kong.

Advertisement