Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting to learn to play a guitar

Options
  • 14-11-2003 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I have always wanted to learn how to play guitar but have never had the spare time. However, now that I am finished college, I have a lot of time to do the things I always wanted to do. My question is:

How do i go about starting to learn to play the guitar? There is a lot of musical talent in my family and I am hoping some of it has rubbed off on me. All help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

well get a guitar book to start with u say there is musical talent in ur family, so can u read music? if not it does really matter. But the best advice i can give u is got to a music shop and talk to the shop assissant and get them to point u out a good guitar book to sort ur taste and level

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Or go and download some TAB and how to read it and then try and play it. And it always help to have a mate show ya a few things too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

go here - www.guitarnoise.com
    learn beginner songs
    start learning the song lessons

and/or buy a beginner guitar book/dvd and just learn :)
    seriously, dont worry to much about being the best guitarist in the world and just enjoy urself.

Advertisement