Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velocity 2005

Options
  • 14-11-2003 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭

anybody know anything about this coming to Dublin in 2005?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

what is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

all I heard was that its some race which is coming to Dublin in 2005. that's all I know...

until Google was my friend
    http://www.velo-city2003.com/english/edito.html

so it is a congress on promoting cycling especially in urban environments

looks good, have a read,

...but I would wonder about the commitment of our 'great leaders'. Perhaps if they can change the cyclists to jockeys and the bikes to horses Charlie Mark 2 will give a load of free millions;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

The delegates will be transported from the airport to the conference centre in buses with darkened glass so that thay cannot see our sham(e)ful 'cycle routes'.

The conference centre itself will have a temporary cycle route around it for a month & some cute helmet-wearing kids will be paid to ride around during the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is being hosted by the DTO, but Dublin City Council and Dublin Cycling Campaign will be roped into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Anybody know, if any good came out of this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement