Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk world

Options
  • 12-11-2003 2:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭

Is this regarding the game or just the book, i have the games :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

All and everything, from and around, above and below to do with Discworld.

They need newer games. I want a full disc to explore. MAybe something that runs on XP?

Anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Anything Disc world related. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by C@non
    Is this regarding the game or just the book, i have the games :D

Hi there, the forum is for anything and everything discworld related. However if you have played the games and not read the books you deserve to be shot ;).

READ THE BOOKS!

No, if you've played the games but not read the books you are thrown in to the scorpion pit with "Read in Books" written in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

:eek: /me runs away :D..
    I`m looking for a book to read, maybe i will try and look for it, what is the title Discworld? like the game, from terry patchet (dont kill me if spelt wrong )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

what are the games like, board games or do u play them on your computer???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Guards! Guards! would be a good book to start on, but your guarenteed a laugh with any of Terrys books.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Oh the games a really really good, they are computer games made a wile back, u have rincewind ankmopork if u just search for discworlk 1 and 2 and a 3rd one is discworld noir.
    I loved them a lot, kept me going for months!

Cool jongore i`ll have a look for them books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The games are a strange mix of several books sewn together. Good for a laugh, particularly the stoning in DW2. ("Dead parroting sketch" :) )

The books are somehow even funnier.

The Colour Of Magic and The Light Fantastic are the first two, I feel they were the most blatant pisstake of fantasy in the series. They are a little strange compared to the complex world the later books develop, but dear god, they're funny... :)

Read The Colour Of Magic and The Light Fantastic first, then the Witches, then the Death/Susan So Heit novels,then the others that aren't the Guards books, then the Guards books. Best way to do it I found. Guards are the best written, character development etc.

Just a bit o'advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean101

Ah, i remember my first disc novel. It was "pyramids". I thought the idea of an assassins guild rocked. Still one of my fav books, but the guards books are def the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Couldn't agree with you more:cool:

and where can i gt these games??

They're fairly old now. Mail order is probably your best bet. Unless someone here wants to sell them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

I've had a look around. The first one is the rarest and the most recent "Discworld Noir" might still be on some shelves in some shops but the internets probably your best bet.

if i remeber correctly a mate of mine told me there was an online discworld game and you cud interact with other ppl. he was stuck in the library i think. is there someting like that kicking around?. i guess ill have to look

Yes, there's a Discworld MUD somewhere on the net, I understand it can be rather addictive, according to a friend. Should be listed on Google, no problem. Although firewalls and that sort of thing could be a problem if you use college computers.

ok well ill give it a go. hopefully firewalls wont affect the game.

<edit>
    ok so i went and look at a discworld MUD, seems like a lot of fun, but i cant play it. i need telnet or java something or other...... oh well.

Advertisement