Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas GLB drinkies

• 11-11-2003 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

In the best traditions of Christmas and Irish culture, I think we should have a GLB drinks session sometime during December. The last one was somewhat less than successful, but I think with sufficient notice, we can get a decent turnout.

Personally, I would suggest the Friday the 19th of December, just before the main boards beer bash on the 20th [link]. Would people be up for such an event?

I would suggest GUBU or The Front Lounge, and taking it from there. Alternatively, if there is demand, we can have it somewhere else in the country, for example Galway or Cork. I don't know either city well enough to comment on the likely venues though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Dublin might be best as people will be winging their way (yes I'm flying) to Dublin around then to go to the Boards Beers.

Venuewise, the Front Lounge is great. But due to the last messups we should all agree and then have someones number if we are not turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I think its a great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Count me in

It is what it's.

Maybe this post should be stickified? ;)

It is what it's.

What's the latest word on drinkies them? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by madmoe:

What's the latest word on drinkies them?
    Still a-go, AFAIK. I've only suggested the venues, but unless there are any objections, we'll go with them for the night. I'd imagine we'll probably meet up at The Front Lounge at around 8pm and probably head to the George later (unless anyone has any other ideas).

Details will be confirmed closer to the date, I'll definitely be up in Dublin that weekend, so if anyone wants my mobile no, just PM me.

Friday the 19th is good for me, I get my crimbo holidays then, Yahoo :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

I'd definitely be up for it myself. Flounge would be good venue-wise too, GUBU's a bit small, the clubs are a bit loud for conversation, and Out on the Liffey is - well, it's Out on the Liffey, and good luck to anyone who goes in there IMO. PS I agree with Oneweb, this should probably be a sticky . . . anyways, here's hoping it goes ahead. ;)

Ewww this thread is all sticky ! Lads please, less of that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

;) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

/me wipes hands. Another job done. Cheers Yellum ;)

It is what it's.

Oh any time baby !

Hi all,
    Is it going ahead on the 19th then??

Yep

It is what it's.

Just wondering would people just prefer meeting up at the boards beer thats happening the following day in the White Horse instead ?

Or do you prefer our own separate event ? It doesn't bother me as I'm in Dublin both days.

A think a seperate night would be a good idea. BTW, ppl you can post anon if ya wanna :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'll have to check my schedule but I'll try fit you in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

*gets ready to use plenty of lube*

oh don't worry from what i've heard u won't need it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"Bastard he turned my remark around and used it against me. How did he do that? Can this power be used by anyone? Wait they're listening, better reply"

I know you are but what am I

• Advertisement

Oh dude low! *sniffle* :(

If anyone doesn't know what we look like (a good thing? :p), feel free to PM Swiss or myself or anyone/everyone else for numbers!

Remember remember! This Friday, 19th December from 8pm!!

It is what it's.

I'll try to get there from 7 to reserve space down the back for us.

As has been stated, please get someones number if you don't know what we look like. I should be easy to spot. I'll be the gay guy sitting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Which one?

:D

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Front Lounge :)

It is what it's.

uggg no money, i'll just pop in to say hello i suppose

Dunno can I make it. Stuck at home with the flu now. Might just come up for the Boards beers the following day.

LLAAMMEE!!!

Well, I'm goin'
    @ Az, go pick a pocket or two </song mode>
    @ Yellum - Lemsip, it sortz da men from da boiz! *tap* *tap*

It's still on :)

DAMN these ppl who say yeah, yeah, yeah and pull out at the last second! :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

Oneweb thanks for your medical advice, my god the doctors of Ireland may as well quit now. Spa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I'm still going. Granted, I have no idea where I'll be staying up in Dublin *cough* *cough*, but I'll still head out for the craic. azezil, if you don't turn up, you are clearly straight. yellum, sorry to hear you've got the flu - try to make it up if you're feeling up to it (also try to can the sarcasm please).

Should be a good night out. Again, if anyone is unsure of who any of us are, private messages are your friend.

Advertisement