Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and olazabel

Options
  • 10-11-2003 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

i missed what the little tiff was over, was harry in the wrong or olazabel? is it that you can only repair your own pitch marks in official competitions and not other peoples?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Harry:
    Harrington said: "It was 15 very awkward holes after that - big-time. I was not trying to question his integrity, but that's what he thought. I certainly won't be celebrating tonight."

I didn't see it either.
    Padraig is someone who is very well tempered and doesn't make a fuss IMO.

I can only assume that he thought Olazabal was in the wrong!

"But there then followed a 15-minute private talk between the two, which turned out to be over an incident way back on the third green.

Harrington thought Olazabal should have waited for a referee over whether he could repair a couple of marks on the line of his putt, but Olazabal had already started the repairs and when Harrington spoke to him the Spanish star conceded the hole."

Source. Sky Sports.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

thanks,

any thought on the ruling, about whether you can repair other peoples pitch marks in competition? i think harry was pulled up on by els a while back, thats why he said it to olazabel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

It's hard to say. If there is a rule then Olazabel is oblidged to follow it. He shouldn't have to be told. Harry knows all about rules! Remember about a year ago? Vallderama was it? Forgot to sign Card and got DQ'd when he was miles ahead and was sure to win! That's gotta hurt!

It'll be interesting if Harry/McGinley get Spain in the World Cup this week!

Although Harry is very professional i'd say there'll be tension!

Advertisement