Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Any Events/gigs in Jan?

Options
  • 10-11-2003 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I need to do serious entertaining for the visiting girlfriend in January. I have looked for good gigs in Belfast/ Dublin or anywhere else but nothin doin. Does anyone know of any good gigs or events in the country then? Iknow its a really bad time but i need inspiration.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I'm afraid she picked a bad month, January is the deadest of the dead when it comes to gigs, even all the decent plays finish up mid-december to make way for the post-christmas pantos.

good luck :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Most of the gigs goin are usually post here:

http://www.entertainment.ie/

Dregin

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

thanks lads. I believe that even the olympia will not be having its fine lineup of stairway to zepplin etc for Jan. Oh Lordy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

You could go to the Bear in the Big Blue House play. That looks pretty cool.

If your into new, rising bands, the NME Awards tour is great, and it usually starts in Dublin during January. An announcement regarding which bands are playing should be soon.

Other than that, you should just keep checking entertainment.ie as more January concerts should be added over the coming weeks. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Isnt the Vibe for Philo on every January - i think it is.
    Went last January (4th i think), there were about 7-8 Thin Lizzy tribute bands - it was brilliant !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

That sounds promising. NME should be good and im partial to rock in roll especialy 70's but its all good. Thanks loads. Please keep dropping in updates if anything comes up.

Advertisement