Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stones in his pockets

Options
  • 07-11-2003 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Has anyone seen Stones in his Pockets? It's a play about a hollywood film company shooting a film in a small town in Ireland. I cant remember who wrote it, but whats so great about it is the whole things acted by just two guys who play over 15 characters(male and female!) between them!
    I dont thing it's always set in Ireland, depending on where its performed so its not always the same actors either, but my auntie and uncle saw it in London and said it was just as funny there! I saw it in the millenium forum in Derry and it was hilarious, serious story to it as well though,anyone who's seen it knows what the title's about, so anyone who has seen it, what did you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mariana

Saw it in London, about 2 years ago.
    It was set in Ireland then too.

Really very good, recommended.
    Probably depends on the actors doing it though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

didnt like it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 aptappellative

suppose alot depends on the actors! Where did you see it Tusky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I saw it recently enough in the civic theatre Tallagh. I thought it was very good. "A Night in November" by the same playwrite is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

saw it last year in the gaiety and thought it was excellent, very good play. funny and moving by parts, well worth a look if you see it. If im not mistaken it was on not so long ago in Dublin again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

i saw it in the civic in tallaght aswell, i thought it was excellent. esp the actors, the story was enjoyable. it was a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

I saw it in Galway last week in the Twon Hall theatre - very enjoyable. The two actors were great. It played all week and I think it was sold out every night.

/John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

AT Draiocht in Blanchardstown

Lane Productions presents
    Stones in His Pockets
    What happens when a major Hollywood studio descends upon rural Ireland? Two aspiring movie extras and a host of other extraordinary characters are brilliantly brought to life by just two wonderful actors. Stones In His Pockets has recently celebrated its third year in London’s West End and has recently completed a world tour of America, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Austria, Canada, Argentina, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay, Turkey, Italy and South Africa.
    “ A comic masterpiece”… London Metro.
    “Sad, Hilarious & Irresistible”…Sunday Times.
    “I emerged delirious with joy – miss it at your peril”…News of the World.
    _'A delight from beginning to end'… Daily Express
    'Breathtaking - not to be missed'__ … The London Telegraph
    Main Space____ Tues 16-Sat 20 Dec______ 8pm______ Tickets: Euro 17 / Euro 12 conc
    _

Advertisement