Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nwn - 10/11/2003

Options
  • 05-11-2003 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Gentlemen (and ladies),

As promised we'll be starting the NWN games again starting on monday at 8:45pm (gmt). I've picked a two part campaign from the hall of fame, so it should keep us going for a while.

As with all campaign we'll be starting with new characters which will be available only during these game.

I'll provide more details on the modules involved closer to the time. We'll also try and run this a bit more strictly with two hours alloted per game ( ie 8:45 to 10:45) at which point the server will be saved for the following week.

Module Requirements:
    The current patch ( at this time 1.32 ),
    The expansion pack Shadows of Undrentide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so i need to pick up Shadows of Urentide? dammit. where could i pick it up cheap?

gonna check play.com

might be late on monday. can you provide directions where to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

play.com is out of stock atm ive ordered mine from then but they dont know when it will be in . if u find somwhere that its for sale pm me r somthn i need one also . dosnt look like ill be there monday if i cant get this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

ok, To help those of you without SoA I'll use a non-SoA one to start with, but for the second module you will need it. That'll give you a few weeks in which to source it.

http://www.gamesplanet.co.uk/?FORMAT=PC

i found they have it in stock . £18.49 inc p&p

http://www.gamesplanet.co.uk/?FORMAT=PC

i found they have it in stock . £18.49 inc p&p

not being picky on the price but i got quoted £18.94. just wanted to check in case i done something wrong or picked a different method.

how much is in Game etc?

• Advertisement

yep 94 i was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

if you got connections to the usa you can get games quite cheaply over there due to the weak US$. Just a heads-up. I'll try to be there but 23:45 again is a bit late for me :/

I'll see what I can do. If everything fails, I'll just see if I can find a german NWN-community.

cya in game or on the board
    - Flash

how dose nwn play over 56k ? my dsl is due in 2 days after and they disconnected my isdn yesterday

56k is more than enough for NWN.

... if you don't want to host a server, that is...

A few things have popped up and I'll (as aways its seems) not be able to maek it tonight.

If people have no objections we can move the time back an hour to help Flashbang, so say 7:45pm

Also I'll need the name of someone who can guarantee they'll be there for the duration of the game. I have a special job for them.

Password and server address will be posted later.

As for the module

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1046647254270.shtml

This is the non-soa version. Note the followup module requires the expansion.

have fun, I'll hopefully get to join in next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Sorting out a connection. Hopefully I'll be bcak up by the end of the month.

Just one thing. Is that not a single player mod rev? Some events / teleports etc might cause trouble.

yea, but its meant to be ok multiplayer.
    Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the link to down load the mod does not seem to be working,

I will be there this evening but not sure if i will have SOU by next week.

I nominate you ring leader.

you dont need to download anything so dont worry about the link. ( I tried it just now and its fine )

I take it ppl have no objections to a 7:45 start then.

not at all i can just put the clock forward an hour and get the kids to be a lil earlier

:D

Server up (sorry about late)

server games2.iol.ie:5122

password: anothersecret

ah hah was just looking for that :)

bet ive missed it now

no you would not have my self and Marvel were on until 11pm but there was a alot of trouble trying to get anyone who joined late passed the intro as the item needed to get you into the city didnt respawn.

server was very laggy :(

in total I was there from 7:50, Marvel from
    about 8:40 and flashband made a breif appearance as he was delayed.

i'm still waiting on my pc. hopefully next week i can make. maybe bring another guy. are the numbers bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

The more the merrier.

Don't know if it was the server or the module but performance was very bad last night. Admittedly the module does seem to need a lot of reloads but even so it was bordering on the unplayable. Anyone any experience with this module before? Previously this hasn't been a problem on the server

It may have been the module. There was an updated version of it but it required SOA. I'll be about next monday so if its server related I'll be able to sort it out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Would have made it on myself last night but video card and drivers decided to play silly buggers. No way was I going to play it in 640x480 and 256 colours :)

Anyway, SoU needed for next time?

Depends on if you finished it or not.

nope didnt finish it got chewed up but rats a few times , going back into the swers with more then just me and Marvel would be fun cos then we can kill the lot of them.

next time we'll need another person who can DM thou. If necessary I can temporarily host a server and teach you the basics, thead.

Cause the problem is: I could teleport you two to the city, no prob. But I can't teleport myself over there as I can only be logged in as either player or DM. Thus, another DM is necessary to move me (as a player).

We currently got playing:
    One fighter (marvel)
    One rogue (thead)
    One cleric (me)

What would be useful?
    I guess a sorc/wiz... maybe another long-range fighter and another short-range fighter.

With even without those we got a pretty balanced team already.

so... next game is on the.... ?

next monday.....

It was that I could not get logged in as Gm my copy of NWN kept crashing when I tried.

why's that?

Try reinstalling or something. I never had probs with the DM-client by now. Maybe you or a module you installed accidently replaced a file needed for the DM-client but not the normal game-client?

*shrug*

Reinstallation is always the solution :)

i got sou today . when is this starting agian ? can i join a existing game . its installing atm . and ill update as going ill prob be a barbarian once im done . as i still aint got to grips with everything in game

• Advertisement

As you can imagine I've been somewhat busy this week. Normal NWN service will resume next week (please dont adjust your monitors).

Advertisement