Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Ref

Options
  • 02-11-2003 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭

After watching an excellent match this morning, I wanted to vent about someting which cost Wales the match. The second last NZ try went to the video ref, who awarded it before watching every angle. The reaction of the crowd said it all, the forward pass.

Why if you're going to the video ref will he not watch every angle!!! the tournament outcome has been changed, would have been NZ vs Eng in the 1/4s, something no one expected.

SHAME

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

there was acouple of angles showed it was forward. I think the video ref was looking for ur man to be over the touchline rather than a forward pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Disgraceful video reffing, the guy should get the sack.

I am sure Wales fans will be gutted.

Great match though, Wales did themselves proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I think NZ would have won anyway, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by daveirl
    I agree, if it were forward pass, it would just be a Welsh scrum in the corner with a bad angle for a clearance kick. The Welsh were under presure at that stage and a try was coming whether it was at that moment or later on.

fair enuff, but when you've gone to the video ref(and he went becos both sides asked for it, despite the touch judge calling it good) he should look at every avail angle, cos wales might have cleared and gotten their heads up and the way jones was kickin anything in NZ half would have done... cos at that stage there was only a peno in it.

Thats my point everything we say is hearsay now, but an illegal try should not be how a game is won nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Saw that, twas fair dodgy at least. Great game for Welsh rugby though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

people aren't giving wales enough credit. For me it was the game of the tournament so far. As for the dodgy try. It made a huge difference. It would have been the first time in the game where NZ failed to score from sustained pressure. If you noticed, Wales were still able to break though the All Black cover. I reckon they could have won it were it nor for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Alanm

Are they allowed to use the Video Ref for decisions on a forward pass? I know that in rugby league they definately can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

I think the video ref is only allowed to answer the question directly put to him by the ref . .. eg . . was the scorers foot in touch or was the ball grounded . . I don't think he is allowed to highlight earlier infringements . .

I can't remember the exact incident, but I think a try against Ireland about a yr? ago was ruled out for an incident the ref hadn't spotted but the crowd had, the vid ref stepped in then,
    I had been wondering about his power allright as well, I'll look into it and report back, Clark Kent out...

• Advertisement

specifically 6.A.8(B)

rules

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

I referee rugby, and the position is that the referee can only answer questions regarding foul play in-goal preventing a score, a player being in-touch when scoring or queries as to whether the ball was grounded in-goal and whether an attacker or defender grounded it. ie. if it's a try or a touchdown.

Advertisement