Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's cartoon clasics

Options
  • 02-11-2003 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

For those of you who had fun with the "Show your age quiz", I found another one.

You'll find it here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

the page cannae be displayed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

soz, working now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

OMG!!! all there memories come flooding back!!!

i know all of them accept 2 or 3!!

brave star...... nuff said!!

i have 70%

dont have G22, K22, K50, G63, K89 and G103

Now. There is only one there that I just dont know (second last one). The rest i know but cant get them named right.

What was it? LoneStar? BraveStar? Marshal BraveStar? Marshal LoneStar? Lone Star? and on and on. Its something like that anyways. Just cant get the right name.

With all of them execpt the second last its all the same, seen it as a kid, know and even remember some bits of epesiods but cant get name exactly right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Bravestarr

And why the feck is Ulysses 31 not working?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Snowball
    dont have G22, K22, K50, G63, K89 and G103
    The answers are:
    g22 = batfink
    k22 = bravestarr
    k50 = gummi bears
    g63 = muppet babies
    k89 = ulysses 31 (but it doesn't work for some reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

drop the 31 and it works

whats G76?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah G76 is the only one I don't know as well. The rest took just a split second to get. Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

For G76 think
    little blue people from Holland
    . That was the bad guys cat as far as I can remember?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ozzie - you're right! Huh, they could've made it easier - kinda an obscure shot to take....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

well that was remarkably easy...100% had more trouble figuring out what the answer that it wanted was, but who could forget any of those cartoons...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Awww Pooooo!

Can't get G103 at all. Any help?

By the way Oswald, you're right.
    : The picture is of Azreiel (check spelling) the pet cat of Gargamel, the baddy from The Smurfs.

G103 =
    mysterious cities of gold

Cheers DMT. I never actually saw that cartoon as a kid but I think I must be the only one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

ulysses class stuff. dungeons and dragons another classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Hmm...the ghostbusters and the one beneath it don't seem to be working...am I typing them in wrong? name variants? Just annoying cos I got the rest...cool quiz :D

Originally posted by hedgetrimmer
    Hmm...the ghostbusters and the one beneath it don't seem to be working...am I typing them in wrong? name variants? Just annoying cos I got the rest...cool quiz :D

Here ya go hedgetrimmer -->
    The Ghostbusters one should read as "The Real GhostBusters" cos that (for some reason) was the actual name of the cartoon. As for the one below it...did you try "Thundercats" if memory serves me correct, it's a pic of the baddy from it, called Mumm'ra or some such
    It was bugging me aswell. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Thanks Okie...had figured it out over lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Got a measly 50% until I couldn't be bothered trying the various spellings of some of the cartoons I knew.

Just one thing, for C50
    I'm pretty sure his name was Dartanian, and I thought the name of the show was "The Three Muskahounds" or perhaps some variation of this. Can someone clarify?

Veeeery close there swiss.
    The cartoon had a canine twist on the ould Muskateers. Dogtanion and the MuskaHounds
    Well that's my take on it anyway, maybe there was a much deeper under-lying theme that I missed??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Okie
    Here ya go hedgetrimmer -->
    The Ghostbusters one should read as "The Real GhostBusters" cos that (for some reason) was the actual name of the cartoon.
    that's cause before that came out there was already a cartoon called Ghostbusters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Originally posted by Okie
    "The Real GhostBusters" cos that (for some reason) was the actual name of the cartoon.
    It was called 'the REAL Ghostbusters' because by the time the show first aired in 1988 there already was an animated show called GHOST BUSTERS released (by Filmation in 1986). You might well argue that since the REAL GHOSTBUSTERS cartoon was based on the 1984 movie GHOSTBUSTERS that they therefore should still have had the right to the name - except that the Filmation cartoon to was also based on a live action tv show by the name of 'The Ghost Busters' which dated back to 1975!
    So theres the answer to the question that you never asked :)

Originally posted by swiss
    Got a measly 50% until I couldn't be bothered trying the various spellings of some of the cartoons I knew.

Just one thing, for C50

I'm pretty sure his name was Dartanian, and I thought the name of the show was "The Three Muskahounds" or perhaps some variation of this. Can someone clarify?
    Works as
    Dogtanian
    but you are right, should be
    The Three Muskahounds

Anyways, putting up a finished verion for those that want to check it out.

http://lasenorita.theboxnetwork.ie/host/80scartoonclassics(Done).xls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 00lewis

does anybody still have this xls file to hand, I'm really board at work and would love to give it a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's 4 years ago mate. Try googling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

That seems to be the one. (Canned for virus: clean)
    4 year old thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement