Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Theres something about Miriam"

• 31-10-2003 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This could be interesting... "Theres something about Miriam" . It's on Sky one on November 16th, thats if the lawyers dont block it first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

“The men had no idea that Miriam was a transsexual," the source said. “They are horrified because there are shots of them snogging, cuddling and groping her. At the end of the show she sat them down and told them, ‘I’ve got something to show you’, then lifted up her skirt. One lad was so outraged he hit the producer in the face. It’s the cruellest reality show yet.”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,883 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mmmm, cruelty on reality tv shows.

Wonder if they'll have a Big Brother where they totally deny the housemates of all food for a period of 3 weeks - "sorry, you didn't complete the task which was transferring this mound of salt, grain by grain between your teeth in under 3 minutes. Twas your teamwork that fell short".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

*snorts* Oh, I feel so very sorry for them. How tragic! They willingly 'snogged, groped and cuddled' someone they must have found attractive. The idea that they're suing is simply ridiculous. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Is also on the humour forum...She does look incredibly pretty....Had to laugh when I saw that a marine and a ski instructor were invloved :D

They'll sue and they might win (hopefully). The show and Miriam willfully deceived the contestants. They were under the impression that Miriam was a girl and the producers and Miriam knew this and never let them know the true facts.

The guys were not expecting a chick with a dick, it was done to make them feel uneasy and exploit that situation. If they didn't want to be so deceptive they could have revealed the truth halfway through the series and find out whether the guys still like to keep seeing Miriam.

Or if it was just cruelty that they wanted they could just have aired Schindlers list every week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

Disturbing, disturbed and down right exploitative. Poor Miriam, what a way to earn a living to quote Dolly parton! So called reality TV is to dreadful a phenomenon to do anything other than ignore.
    Don't knock Scindlers List! Have a soft spot for Ralph Fiennes since I had a crush on him in school.

The shows been canceled apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,883 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Being a bastard, I don't really care about the fools getting screwed over. However anything that strikes a blow to reality tv as a genre must be a good thing. Room needs to be made on tv again for quality scripted tv shows.

Advertisement