Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irl Vs Aus - Predictions

Options
  • 31-10-2003 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

So what do ye think?

I reckon Ireland might just sneak it.
    I'll go with 28-26.

I think Australia will go further in the knock-out stages though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Ireland 17-12 Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

If Ireland are at their best I think it will be very close and we have a chance at nicking it by two or three points.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

aus 58 - 12 ire

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

Aus 28 - Ire 14

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Austrailia 45 - 50 Ireland

Hopefully we can sneak a win. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

Ireland will sneak it by a few pooints and o driscoll to return to form for this match

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Being of a pessimistic nature at the moment I'd say Australia will take it. I am hoping to see a more expansive game from Ireland though, if we play to our best there is a chance we can take them. Also it sounds like the support will be quite impressive (only wish I was one of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Aus 35 - 13 Irl

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

AUs 26- irl 25
    just as long as no one is injured and we beat France in Melbourne and then bring on to England!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spudulike

The only real way i see ireland winning this is in a low scoring, kicking type game - we are not going to run in loads of tries so we have to ensure our defence prevents then scoring tries and hope that we get scorable penalties that o'Gara converts.

However i think this is unlikely cause the roof is closed which means perfect dry, calm conditions. I've no doubt we will give them a serious fight and would like to think we'll take the game by about 15-9. But I won't be going to Paddy Powers with that prediction !!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by spudulike
    I've no doubt we will give them a serious fight and would like to think we'll take the game by about 15-9. But I won't be going to Paddy Powers with that prediction !!.

That's a pity. You should get 20/1 for that.

My friendly neighbourhood bookie (not PP) is offering prices of
    Irish win by 1 to 5 points 12/1
    Irish win by 6 to 10 points 20/1
    Irish win by 11 to 15 points 40/1

I've got a little of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I think it will be 19-17 to Aus, before the Argentina game I thought we could have beaten Australia but I don't think we will be able to step up by enough in one game. Hopefully I’m wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Australia to win by 12 to 15 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭irishgeo

We should have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

It was madness to try and go for the try twice when there three easy points on offer both times.

Still, an excellent performance. Just a shame that we now have to play France. I know we can beat them, but I think I speak for many people when I say that France is one of those teams that add flair to the tournament and it's a shame that one of us will have to go out.

Advertisement