Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland 2004

Options
  • 28-10-2003 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

2004 Provincial SFC Draws

Ulster

Prelim Rd: (a) Tyrone v Derry.

Q-Fs: Derry/Tyrone v Fermanagh; Down v Cavan; Monaghan v Armagh; Donegal v Antrim.

Leinster

1st Rd: (a) Westmeath v Offaly; (b) Carlow v Longford; (c) Wexford v Louth.

Q-Fs: (a) v Dublin; (b) v Laois; (c) v Kildare; Wicklow v Meath.

Connacht

Q-Fs: Sligo v Roscommon; Mayo v New York; Galway v London

S-Fs: Sligo/Roscommon v Leitrim; Mayo/New York v Galway/London.

Munster

Q-Fs: Kerry v Clare; Tipperary v Limerick.

S-Fs: Kerry/Clare v Cork; Tipperary/Limerick v Waterford.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Down are goin down! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

C'Mon Cavan !

no seriously, I think Cavans chances are as bad as ever but hopefully we will learn more in the leauge.

Dublin f0r Teh Win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

what about the hurling draws as well alany? correct me if I'm wrong but i seem to detect a football bias on these here pages..

oh your not wrong revelate, football is clearly my sport of choice.
    But I will post the hurling draw when I find it.

However, I am simply a guy posting on this forum. I don't " have " to post anything. I have no responsibility as a mod to post information at all. As I understand it, my duty is to moderate.
    Other than that. I just post like everyone else.

having said that, I want to make this board as popular as possible and I will endeavour to do so. Including hurling. :)

besides what do you care ? its not like Waterford will ever win anything :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Looks like an easy run to the semis for Westmeath.:D

• Advertisement

rofl imposter ...rofl.

I hardly see the backdoor as an easy route...wait, you dont expect to beat the dubs do you ?

if you cant beat meath what chance have you got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Alany
    rofl imposter ...rofl.

I hardly see the backdoor as an easy route...wait, you dont expect to beat the dubs do you ?

if you cant beat meath what chance have you got ?
    I think offaly will put it up to us more than the dubs tbh.
    Seriously though Westmeath should be a very different team next year and I reckon beating Dublin (in their first outing too) is a real possibility (providing we beat Offaly).

It's all right Alany I don't expect you to agree! :)

its good that you dont expect me to agree..cause I dont. But Infairness I do expect great things from Irelands biggest underachivers. Just not against the super Dubs.

This new manager thya have, I here here he has a bit of coaching experiance down south ?? haven heard of the young pup but apperently his name is O'Sea ??

C'Mon Cavan !

no seriously, I think Cavans chances are as bad as ever but hopefully we will learn more in the leauge.

Dublin f0r Teh Win
    Well I think we have a decent enough chance of getting to a quarter final next year. We have a new manager, Eamonn Coleman who is well respected in the county and he will be able to boss the likes of Dermott McCabe and Larry Reilly around a bit. He was the Gowna manager this year and last year and he knows the players well which is why McCabe will shut his mouth and start playing more.

Also, the fact the Coleman is living in Cavan will help us out alot. Mattie Kerrigan did not bother to spot new talent in Cavan last year at all, I know there are a few players from my old club who should have been on the panel last year but didn't. Coleman knows the county well and he is a good manager, not some Wicklow reject from Meath (you know who I'm talking about).

Having said that, I don't think we'll win anything but I think we will get to the quarter finals next year. But we'll build on that in the coming years. There is talent in the county, but the setup is poor and it is going to improve with the introduction of a new league layout.

its often the complaint of an under achiving county. I know half the people in dublin complain that certain players would and should have made the team only for politics and selectors "old boys club".

• Advertisement

Yeah I know, for instance Val Andrews, who in my opinion was a very good manager for Cavan was more or less forced out by some of the big clubs in the county (Kingscourt, Ballinagh, Crosserlough etc.) for not having any of their players playing. I feel this is the reason for Cavan's short comings in the last few years since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hehehe...easy draw for the leinster champs :)

champs again for Laois I'd say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

laois to retain leinster-title.

dubs get rid of lyons (both time, they have the players,
    but he is crap).

i suspect that the 2004 all-ireland champs will come out of leinster.

any takers?

I think your wrong about dublin and I think your wrong about laois...but I would love to see the SAM come over to the east side of the land

I think your wrong about dublin and I think your wrong about laois...but I would love to see the SAM come over to the east side of the land

hehehe...we shall see Alany ;)

hopefully, we can retain the Leinster and maybe go a bit farther...might make Micko stay on longer.

is micko thinking of leaving ?

only a 2 year contract no? sorry I dont know off hand.

I do know he set a target of a leinster within 2 years so i could be wrong.

and with Paudi gone from Kerry he might want a final crack with Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

well it looks like tipp are going to get to the munster final again. Nice draw for us.

Tipperary for the double.

Originally posted by Big Ears
    well it looks like tipp are going to get to the munster final again. Nice draw for us.

Tipperary for the double.

rofl

I might move that to humour! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

2004 is a big year for laois. This year was a huge leap foward and they finally went someway towards achieving what we knew they were capable of. I think Leinster will be the most hotly contested of all the provinces next year. I think Laois will retain it but lets not forget about Paidi and also meath and Dublin who'll all have points to prove. Whatever happens, I can't see sam going north next year.

• Advertisement

No, and lets hope it never goes north again !

Jaysus Canavan and Tyrone are just bugging me at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

i for one did not like the tactics employed by tyrone this year i.e. get 5 men around the ball and likewise to a certain extent armagh as well.

however, that being said, it won tyrone the all-ireland
    and any team they came up against could not get around that tactic, bad as it was.

i still sticking with my prediction that the 2004 all-ireland champions will come out of leinster.......still trying to figure out who.......of course being a laois fan i would say laois but lets be realistic leinster is the hardest province of all, Laois, Offaly, Kildare, Dublin, Meath, Westmeath (you have to take them serious this year - not a bad team either)

Let hope Sam does not go north again!! (nothing against Tyrone/Armagh) but lets hope another team wins it this year.

yeah lets form the ABU's of gaelic football

anybody but ulster !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

for no apparent reason lets all want tipperary to win it this year instead of a northen team who's with me ........ (cough cough, muffle). Well its just me then:o

yep your on your own there, but dont lat that detere you...

why dont you do someting like paint your body blue and gold and dont wash it off till tip win the sam mcguire ??

Advertisement