Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ok

Options
  • 27-10-2003 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

People, what do we have to do to get this board up and running.

Its slow here and people are doing their best with the various posts (thanks for all the inputt) but has anyone any suggestions that will get anymore involvement.

SUggestion greatly welcome

Nanook

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Start a camoaign, for a worthy cause.

If you suffer from Irelands number one killer of both males & females:i.e. "Coronary Artery Disease", or you are unfortunate enough to suffer a sudden - Heart Attack" within the- North Western Health Board- catchment area of, Donegal, Leitrim & Sligo.

The fact is that you will be referred to a Dublin based cardiologist for a proper diagnosis of the severity of your disease. Even for patients who have suffered an M.I. (Myocardial Infarction) where the patients heart stops, and part of the heart muscle usually dies. That is a scenario where your chances of survival are very small unless you receive immediate proper emergency treatment. Unfortunately, you still have to join the waiting list!.

Unbelieveably, this can mean you being discharged from Hospital {If you are still alive!} to await a call from a Dublin based Cardio unit or cath lab. The wait can be months long, especially for ordinary "Medical card" holders, and many patients die while waiting.

The lack of a proper "Coronary Unit" in the North West contributes significantly, to the fact that more people are dying from this disease than any other, and most general surgeons and GP's are in despair. As even Dublin can not cope and are in crisis!.

People in the North West are entitled to a local proper modern fully staffed, stand alone. Heart disease treatment unit, now!.

It is up to forums such as this one, to highlight this medical scandal in the Media. Then perhaps lives that could be saved, would be saved?..

P.:confused:

The apathy on this North West Forum is making me apathetic!.

P.:confused: :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

A post! A post!!! right here on the NW boards....

...wow....

what's the craic Paddy20??

Not a lot Goodshape, I am still waiting for a response to my post about our NWHB service from a moderator, but I will probably be pushing up the daisies 'myself' before one appears ?..

P.:ninja: ;) How are things with the local initiative ?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Paddy

I have to say that the whole idea of a forum for the north west can be used for both personal issues and as a standing box for persons to unleash and vent their frustration.

I have asked on numerous occassions for ppl to participate on the any topic that they feel is relevant to North West, so if you feel the medical system in the north west is in a sorry state, say it.

Just one thing i will say and ask is:

Your opinion is your opinion and a person you are entitled to voice and be heard, make sure your statements are accurate and that they are not aimed at persons incorreclty, ensure your are not saying anything you may regret and make sure that i do not have to ban you.
    I am fair and open to discussion but i will not stand for defamation and liabel.

So you have my opinion and if you wanna post your voice, let the discussion begin

Cheers

Nanook

• Advertisement

nanook,

Quote you; " Make sure that I do not have to ban you" !. What the hell are you on about ?... also..

Quote you; " I will not stand for defamation or libel " ! . Again, what are you on about ?...

Unless you retract this insulting, immature and extremely ignorant 'miss spelt' post. I will not be posting on the North West forum, as long as you are around. I intend to boycott this forum.

Now I know why people do not bother posting here, when moderators post inane demeaning and condescending replies like yours.

I leave it with you.

P.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Obviously I can't speak for Nanook, but I had the understanding of you (plural), that it was general, and aimed at nobody in particular.

Of course I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!*

*Except on the smoking ban issue :P

Lukin,

His post has my name 'Paddy' in the top left hand corner. To me that means it is specifically aimed at me, without justification,

P.:ninja:

* The Smoking Ban issue, and its social ramifacations are far from over *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Paddy

the expression storm in a teacup comes to mind.

Firstly i have to say that in no way shape or form was any intentions or statements made directly at you, in the past you have proven to be more than helpfull in the forum and in no way a trouble maker.

I want to point you at the origional statement

"Your opinion is your opinion and as a person you are entitled to voice and be heard, make sure your statements are accurate and that they are not aimed at persons incorreclty, ensure your are not saying anything you may regret and make sure that i do not have to ban you.
    I am fair and open to discussion but i will not stand for defamation and liabel."

This was NOT aimed at anyone. If you note the point that this is a public forum and that people can voice opinions, which are their own beleifs, but not be always correct, hence the reference to liable and defamation.

You posted the following

"Unless you retract this insulting, immature and extremely ignorant 'miss spelt' post. I will not be posting on the North West forum, as long as you are around. I intend to boycott this forum."

I hope that you will find this an explination of misunderstanding, there was no intention of insulting, immature and with reference to the spelling, sorry i never claimed to be perfect.

With regards to your beleifs of being singled out as a trouble maker, I have to say that was far from the truth, you have proved to be as active a contributer than most, but if you feel that you have been hard done by then so be it.

Once again the quote was a statement of rules for the forum and not at anyone in particular.

Advertisement