Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Argentina - SPOILER!!!!

Options
  • 26-10-2003 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭

16-15!!

Never in doubt! Phew!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Job done but the performance was terrible, if we play like that against Australia we will have no chance on winning the group.

The rucking was atrocious all game, Argentina turned over far too much ball even after we had appeared to secure it. Stringer got very little protection from the pack at breakdowns.

Players weren’t hitting the ball at pace when taking it on and we weren’t breaking the gain line a lot of the time. Needs to be improved, players need to hit the ball at pace and with intent if they want to break tackles.

The try we scored was lucky, well taken but it was luck rather than a well built up score.

Some good individual display’s O’Kelly and O’Connell were immense in second row but I don’t think we did well as a team. I know O’Driscol is being marked out of every game but he will need to make something happen against Australia, big games will require the big players to step up.

I still think we are good enough to beat Australia but we need to step up to another level, George Smith will have a field day if we ruck like that next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

Quinlan won the match the went to the ground and still got up and scored the try what a man well pld Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

skin of our teeth..

I dont think anyone expected them to play such a rolling maul kind of game, but they never offered anything in the backs past number 10 did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Didnt see match unfortunately, but did anyone else think Woods' pass to Quinlan was forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

nope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by The FANJ

The rucking was atrocious all game, Argentina turned over far too much ball even after we had appeared to secure it. Stringer got very little protection from the pack at breakdowns.

I agree there. Stringer would have been better off on his own at times.

Anyway I thought we played much better with the introduction of O'Gara. He has to start against the Aussies. His hands are exceptional. Looked as though he brought O'Driscoll into the game more when he was on. Humphrey's kicking to touch was attrocious. Apart from that I thought Maggs had a very good game in the centre.

Poor old Quinlan. We missed him in the lineouts at first when he went off. I'm sure Mr. Wallace will be an adequate replacement. Surprised he wasn't in the squad in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement