Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection issues?

Options
  • 25-10-2003 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

i need to know who to get the best from my 64k connection the best ping i can seem to get is 189 and thats with my rates set at 56K does anyone have any advice or info that would help me out?
    also i forgot the command to incerase ur max fps? mines its limited at 90

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

If you're on 64k ISDN with an internal TA, most Irish ISPs, including Indigo/eircom/Ocean/iol will give you under 70 ping to Ireland and UK (most of us get about 40 ping).

If you're not using UTV or some queer ISP then you should have decent ping to games2.iol.ie or any UK server. fps = com_maxfps 125

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

forgot to mention rate 7000 for 64k, cl_maxpackets 50, snaps 40. If you have an external TA that would explain the high ping.

Advertisement