Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waltzing O'Driscoll song lyrics...

Options
  • 23-10-2003 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Rumour has it that there's a full song rewritten for the big man himself

Anyone have the lyrics?

I would like to belt them out at Adelaide Oval on Sunday night!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Anyone think he is just a little bit overrated as a player?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

more to the point, does anyone know wher i can get a link to watch the waltzing try???? I've never seen it :(

The full lyrics were in the wknd papers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Originally posted by uberwolf
    more to the point, does anyone know wher i can get a link to watch the waltzing try???? I've never seen it :(

The full lyrics were in the wknd papers

which one?? I need a link!! Indo???

not sure, poss Sunday Times, it was one of the players diaries...

just found teh folowing in the Sunday Times, Mals diary, nothing more though... Does BOD have a diary anywhere?
    chorus:
    Waltzing O’Driscoll, waltzing O’Driscoll, You’ll come-a-waltzing O’Driscoll with me, And we’ll teach Nathan Grey a thing or two in the centre, You’ll come-a-waltzing O’Driscoll with me

[edit]also this from some welsh lads site

Once a jolly Irishman went on a Lions tour
    Under the guidance of Graham Henry,
    And he danced and he weaved as he ran through the Wallabies
    You'll come a waltzing O'Driscoll with me

Chorus

Waltzing O'Driscoll, waltzing O'Driscoll
    You'll come a waltzing O'Driscoll with me,
    And we sang and we roared as he ran through the Wallabies
    You'll come a waltzing O'Driscoll with me

• Advertisement

Cheers Uberwolf

I will be sure to blast that out all night on Sunday!

(not so sure the Nathan Grey bit works so well though??)

Get the Lions downunder video - Sky Sports often show it, I'd imagine they'll be showing it around now as well - his tries are on that

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

This explains a lot. Its not the double/triple marking thats letting Mr Hickie have a clear run at the title, its the dread of another verse being added

well Mollser, how was it? bleeding stubs left for fingers?
    what you upto sat evening? get tickets for the next one?

Very good Uberwolf, very good

One of the most enjoyable weekend i've ever had. Did you read the front page report on Irishrugby.ie , this pretty much sums up the atmosphere in the Hilton afterwards. I was in some state by 6 in the morning though....

Unbelieveable amount of irish there, very well behaved bunch aswell. Shame the boirds in Adelaide aren't the best though!

Flying down to Melbourne Thursday night, GAA friday night, Horseys all day Saturday, and Rugby saturday night. Tix are at a premium, although the buzz has been dampened slightly now that its not the crucial match of Adelaide. Still, i think a huge weekend in store.

If its any consolation lads, the weather is still sh*te in Sydney!

Oh yeah - cheers for the lyrics, the lads got a great kick out of that. Don't think we sang it at the match, but we sure did afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

O'D has a diary on news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

O'Driscoll has to be the most over-rated player in rugby union. I mean hes a good runner with the ball fair enough, but he never gets it also he has yet to show himself in the worldcup. fair enough he scored a try agaisnt the Aussies, but it wasnt the easiest of trys scored. I think Ireland depend on him to much and should spread it out more, maybe then they will become as good as New Zealand.

wow. He is the best player in his position in the world, fantastic first up tackler... great hands, great runner. Watching the game on sat you wouldn't think that Easterby was fantastic, but his tackle count was huge, the lads on the field can see more then us on tv, and they rate him as one of the best in the world. He just doesn't get the space he used to, leaves more space for hickie, geordan and shane though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    O'Driscoll has to be the most over-rated player in rugby union. I mean hes a good runner with the ball fair enough, but he never gets it also he has yet to show himself in the worldcup. fair enough he scored a try agaisnt the Aussies, but it wasnt the easiest of trys scored. I think Ireland depend on him to much and should spread it out more, maybe then they will become as good as New Zealand.

i am sorry but i think thats a bunch of bull. i dont think ireland depend on him that much in thier game plan, eddie o sullivan is to clever to do that. o driscoll burst onto the seen really againist france in paris when we beat them. no one was in any doubt that he was a good player and very talented. but to see that he is a great player is when people know him and dont allow him space

hear is were o driscoll shines, he is a natural footballer, like the roy keane of rugby. he puts in the tackles kicks the ball to the right place. is constantly aware of his surrondings and makes the right decision most of the time. if then he is allowed the space he will get the try like against austrilia. brian o driscoll is simply a great player who will only get better with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

right i dont think he is over rated, he is an excellent all round player, but i also think we have another class player in geordan murphy, such a shame he missed the world cup

Advertisement