Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iq3cl - It Begins...

Options
  • 21-10-2003 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Right. We have 6 clans, 12 maps and three servers. The league kicks off NEXT week but because of the way some clans are mid-league atm, we arent going to do set times for games, the opposing teams have a certain number of days in which to have the games played. Anyhoo here's a breakdown:

CLANS
    ========

FishHeads A
    FH
    (a): Killy (Captain), Aly, CH, Spaceman, JC, Saik

FishHeads B
    FH
    (b): Vincent (Captain), Dest, Lorc, Nexus, Casc

Hot Internet Virgins
    HIV
    : RevHellfire (Captain), ButcherofNog, Hyperion, Praetorian

ACID-Anal Intruders
    LSD-AI
    : Sico (Captain), DeVore, Cr33ch, Cyan, thomasmckinless, KaZz.

Cybern8z
    n8z
    : Zero/B.I.G. (Captain), Rapier, Mindphuck, Bane, Bunny, Dardoz, Melachi, Jedi, Dermo

eXplicitLyrics
    XL
    : Benji (Captain), Carl, Giblet, OverLord, Shevy, Podgeen, Pyro, BK.

MAPS
    ====
    TDM
    - CPM4, OSPDM5, OSPDM6, pro-Q3DM6, Q3DM14tmp, Q3DM7.
    CTF - Q3CTF2, Q3W2, Q3WC6, Q3WCP1, Q3WCP5, Q3WCP9

The way its going to work is that there are 3 of each map available each week, both teams pick a map, if they win a map each, it goes to a third game which is played on the map that neither team picked. If both teams have picked the same map, the decider game is played on the same map. I have the maps listed above in alphabetical order as I did with the clans. The league will be round-robin style, i.e. everyone plays everyone, but depending on the week there will be different maps available. Like I said, I ran this off in alphabetical order, to the best of my knowledge there is nobody getting a short end of a stick. The one change I made to the maps was that when they were "cut in half", dm6 dm7 and dm14 (common) were in same week while osp5, osp6 and cpm4 (quare) were too. I thought this might pose a problem with newb-type ppl so I swapped DM7 with CPM4, so the map weeks look like this:

Wk A
    TDM Map Choice
    - Q3DM7, OSPDM5, OSPDM6.
    CTF Map Choice - Q3CTF2, Q3W2, Q3WC6.

Wk B
    TDM MAP CHOICE
    - Pro-Q3DM6, Q3DM14tmp, CPM4.
    CTF MAP CHOICE - Q3WCP1, Q3WCP5, Q3WCP9.

The schedule has been done working from "Team 1" up along, if your team has a problem with the map choices they have -vs- certain teams I need to know BEFORE the league starts, not when you get handed your ass. See below the full schedule for the Irish League.

WK1 : 27th Oct - 2nd Nov
    MAPS: (TDM) Q3DM7, OSPDM5, OSPDM6 (CTF) Q3CTF2, Q3W2, Q3WC6

FH(a) -vs- FH(b)
    HIV -vs- LSD
    n8z -vs- XL

WK2 : 3rd - 9th Nov
    MAPS: (TDM) Pro-Q3DM6, Q3DM14tmp, CPM4 (CTF) Q3WCP1, Q3WCP5, Q3WCP9

FH(a) -vs- HIV
    FH(b) -vs- XL
    n8z -vs- LSD

WK3 : 10th - 16th Nov

FH(a) -vs- LSD
    FH(b) -vs- n8z
    HIV -vs- XL

WK4 : 17th - 23rd Nov
    MAPS: (TDM) Pro-Q3DM6, Q3DM14tmp, CPM4 (CTF) Q3WCP1, Q3WCP5, Q3WCP9

FH(a) -vs- n8z
    FH(b) -vs- HIV
    LSD -vs- XL

WK5 : 24th - 30th Nov

FH(a) -vs- XL
    FH(b) -vs- LSD
    n8z -vs- HIV

RULES
    =====
    I neednt paste in rules off a million pages, they are standard, i.e. no cheating, no external timers, no aliasing etc. Anyone found cheating during this league will be at the very minimum be banned if not their entire team, so it's in the interests of the team captains to ensure their players are legit.

* Its up to the captains of both teams to arrange a time during the week that suits both teams to play.
    * Both teams must meet up in #iq3cl at least 15 minutes before the match
    * You need an IQ3CL admin present during your game or else in the case of a match disagreement we require demos and screenshots.
    * Current Match admins are Zero, Benji, RevHellfire, Killy, and Sico, as the captains of other teams, and MP from Quake.ie.
    * If a game is not played in the allotted time, it will be forced, regardless of player availability.
    * Each match is best of 3 TDM AND CTF, they do not have to be played on the same night, but better all round if they are.
    * Instead of us trawling through emails for match results, please post up your results on the quake boards here with a screenshot (and match report if you feel like it). Any disputes/info etc mail me at ronanjcondon@eircom.net
    * Coach - Anybody can coach for your team.
    * Not sure if we are going to go with standard league, i.e. top of table at end is winner, or if we will have a final at the end, will have it sorted by league start.

SERVERS
    =======
    Current server is games2.iol.ie:27960
    We are getting two more servers, one on games3.iol.ie:27960 and a second on games2. More info as i have it.

SUMMARY
    =======
    IRC: #iq3cl
    Servers: games2.iol.ie (x2), games3.iol.ie
    Admins: Zero, Benji, RevHellfire, Killy, Sico, Mindphuck

There are more rules etc to be added to this, points scoring systems etc, but it's enough info for now, you know what games need playing next week, so get praccying and may the best team win! Enjoy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Update - 23rd Oct 2003
    MATCHES (TDM and CTF):
    * Each team picks ONE map of the three available for both CTF and TDM.
    * 20 minute game, if scores are even after 20 mins it will go to sudden death for TDM and sudden death (cap) for CTF.
    * 1 point for a win, none for a loss, PER MAP.

POSTPONEMENTS:
    * You can postpone up to 24 hours before the arranged time with a valid excuse, and I have to be cc-ed on the email.
    * Each team has 1 "WildCard" as per Clanbase, i.e. Once off in the league, you can PP right up to match start with no notice.
    * If your team doesn't turn up, and no PP has been arranged, your wildcard will be automatically played
    * If it happens a second time, the opposing team gets a 4-0 walkover.

CAPTAINS:
    * It is your responsibility to get your team together, post on boards or PM ppl to get their email addresses.
    * Can every captain send me one email to ronanjcondon@eircom.net with no text, just your team, and your name in the subject.
    e.g. REV, HIV. It just means i have everyone's email address.
    * When you and the opposing team captain agree on a day/time, email me at ronanjcondon@eircom.net so we can organise an admin, or organise one yourself and email me to let me know.

Next weeks matches:
    FH(a) -vs- FH(b)
    LSD-AI -vs- HIV
    n8z -vs- XL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

ded

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Haha excellent. Would be good if all this was at DS, but alas, you'd never get them to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

FHa - Aly, CH, Jc, killy, Spaceman
    FHb - casc, dest, Lorc, Nex, Vin****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That's 'Anal Invaders' Ro...

(__)Sico

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

is it tough shiit if i get a connect towards the end of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Nu7jOb

tis well for yis and yer fancy high speed connections.
    me gets 2k :...
    cant wait fer DS !

Originally posted by weak infant
    is it tough shiit if i get a connect towards the end of it?
    In my haste I forgot to add staik... can you put him on FH-A list please Zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

It might be an idea to sign up for Darkside Lan on 5th Dec, you never know, there might be LAN finals with minimal entry for final teams and maybe even a prize.
    But if there isnt, we'll just have to lash each other out of it at the LAN with all the Irish Clans in attendance. Which would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Nice i=one cant wait to start

• Advertisement

hmm CH just got told at work that hes being sent to Canada for a few weeks on Tuesday, meaning FH-A is likely to be short since Jc is inactive and saik has no conn - can we add Flamey to our teamlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

just posting to ask about players as we seem to need a new player(bb player), just checking if anyone minds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Killy, Benji, yeah thats ok, a few additional players are ok as long as I dont see Blokey or someone on a team. Every team is entitled to their broadbander or two. Just let me know in good time.

Advertisement