Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting 15 v Argentina

Options
  • 20-10-2003 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Do you think there will be any changes based on the performance yesterday?

Even though Quinlan, Miller and O'Gara played excellent games, really impressed me anyway, I thought any of them will start ahead of the usual suspects. However it is nice to see the depth in the squad we have now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I don't think any changes made will make too big a differnce to the result. I think we will win and win well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

With O'Connell cleared of the stamping incident I don't see too many changes from the side that played Romania. It's a toss up between Humphries and O'Gara for out half IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

The announced team

well here it is! the team has been announced and i'm glad to see costello, quinlan and easterby in the backrow!

wonder if gleeson is carrying a knock? he hasn't been his usual self in our past few outings?

quinlan is a great No.7 we will need his strength against the big argentinian pack.

I wonder if the scrum goes badly will they bring on shane byrne instead of woody? he is a far better scrummager!

opinions please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Gleason has been dropped cause his only small, EOS wants some grunt, which is obvious by the team. I'd have moved S. Horgan into the center and put A. Horgan on the wing before playing an Esterby though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Thinks a strong forward line that should be able to handle the Aregentinian pack adequately. Glad to see Quinlan starting as well. I honestly thought O' Gara was going to get playing as to avoid the Aregentinian forwards but EOS has obviously decided to go for power to overcome that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

What has horgan moving to centre got to do with easterby playing in the back row?

Easterby is acknowledged to be the best defender in the irish pack with a huge tackle count.

I hope the game plan isn't to try and take on the argies in bargie(sorry couldn't resist) but more to hold their own and let teh backs do the damage

Advertisement