Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wat is apocolypse?

Options
  • 19-10-2003 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

so is he a mutant or wat? maybe he s the first or something! picked up the latest issue of essemntial and guess who s not dead!!!!!!!!
    oh one more thing, cable is nathen summers,yes?scotts son, from another dimension,who was engineered by sinister to kill apocolypse, (just checking) so wats his power?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Cable was not engineered by Sinister, thats Nathan Grey or X-man. Cable is Cyclopses son to Dark Phoniex.
    Can't help with Apocolypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

OK this is the best i've found, and if I had tried to remember all of this myself I wouldn't have managed to keep it all in order.....

Powers: A highly-developed form of shape-shifting, some sort of teleportation, levitation and energy blasts. Following his merging with Cyclops's , Apocalypse also possessed limited control over time and space, as well as optic blasts. Born 5000 years ago in Egypt, Apocalypse is the oldest mutant in the world, an immortal who has seen almost the whole of human history unfold. Born with apparent deformities on his face, he was abandoned by his tribe, but saved from death by Baal, leader of the Sandstormers, a group of bandits. Baal somehow recognized that the child had powerful potential, and raised him as his own son. Named En Sabah Nur, the boy grew up to be stronger and smarter than his tribesmen and came to embrace Baal's notion of survival of the fittest. The Pharaoh of that era was actually not Egyptian at all, but a time-traveller named Rama-Tut who hailed from the 30th Century. (Rama-Tut knew that Apocalypse was born in ancient Egypt, and actually traveled back to that time to find him and raise him as his own heir. Rama-Tut would later become known as Kang, and then as Immortus.) Baal and his people had found Rama-Tut when his timeship first crashed in Egypt, and had nursed him back to health, only to be betrayed by him months later, as Rama-Tut led the Egyptian army to slaughter Baal's tribe. On the day of Nur's rite of passage, he and Baal got trapped in a cave, which after a week of wandering led them to Rama-Tut's timeship. Baal told Nur that he believed him to be a conqueror whose coming was foretold in ancient prophecies, and that Nur was destined to overthrow Rama-Tut. While Baal died, Nur's mutancy allowed him to survive, and he emerged a month later and vowed vengeance on Rama-Tut. Nur became a slave to Tut, but during a vision of the god Seth he manifested his powers and was eventually brought to the Pharaoh. Rama-Tut offered to make Nur his heir in exchange for his loyalty, but Nur rejected him. Nur defeated the warlord Ozymandias, and when Rama-Tut was forced back to his time by 20th Century heroes who had time-travelled, Nur began a path of conquest across the globe, leading his army on vicious campaign after campaign, until finally he came to China. There he heard legends of a flying immortal and he went to investigate, theorizing that this legend "different" like himself. Nur ascended a mountain to find the External Saul, then known as Garbha-Hsien. Saul sat watch over a Celestial Ship that had crashed on the mountain long before, but he had never gone in. Nur thought Saul stupod for not accessing the power inherent in that ship, so he knocked Saul out and went in. It is apparent that this event marked Nur's "evolution" into Apocalypse. He stayed in the ship for a few thousand years, learning the secrets of Celestial technology and devising a bio-armor for himself, among other things. This armor appears to be part of his body and can change form, adding mass from some extra-dimensional source to increase in size, among other things. However, some of Nur's original body did still exist as a discrete form inside the armor. Apocalypse had some profound influences on many cultures over the centuries, and was worshipped by many as a god, with different names attached to him in each locale. Over the course of the centuries, Apocalypse has picked those individuals he deemed "strong" and has tested them and rewarded the survivors with power. One such example was the Crusader Bennet du Paris, a companion of the original Black Knight whose latent mutant powers were activated by Apocalypse. Apocalypse named him Exodus and intended for du Paris to serve him, but then imprisoned the French mutant for centuries when he rebelled. Hundreds of years later, Apocalypse awoke from his slumber in 19th century London, and planned to destroy the Royal Family as a first step in subjugating mankind. He found a willing assistant in the grieving Dr. Nathaniel Essex, who traded his humanity to Apocalypse in return for immortality and servitude. Fortunately, the Askani Sisterhood managed to send Cyclops and Phoenix back in time to prevent the assassination, but they could not stop Essex from becoming... Sinister! Sinister worked with Apocalypse for years, although he rebelled and tried to infect his master with a techno-organic virus very early on. Years later, Apocalypse used Sinister's expertise to re-engineer Ahmet Abdol's genes to match those of Havok, enabling Abdol to become The Living Monolith. The Monolith would figure prominently in Nur's later plans. In the present day, Apocalypse first came into contact with the X-folk when he employed the Alliance of Evil to abduct a mutant boy, who died during Apocalypse's experiments. He then recruited The Four Horsemen, one of whom was the former Morlock Plague (Pestilence I, and the other was none other than the Angel (Death I). Angel was in a plane rigged to blow, his wings amputated after being impaled by the Marauders, when Apocalypse offered to save him. Apocalypse used his advanced technology to brainwash Angel and replace his lost wings with techno-organic shape-shifting wings, complete with paralyzing feather blades. Apocalypse also mutated Caliban to replace Angel when he broke his conditioning, and turned him first into Death II, and then into Pestilence II. However, Apocalypse is probably most noted for infecting Nathan Christopher Summers with the techno-organic virus that caused him to be sent to the future to become Cable. The reason for doing this was because he knew that the Summers baby was actually Sinister's bid for an ultimate weapon to be used against his former master. Though Cable survived the virus ensured that Summers would never be able to access his full power and threaten Apocalypse. It should be noted that for that mission Apocalypse used a new team called the Dark Riders, composed of mutants, enhanced humans and Inhumans. Most recently, Apocalypse captured Wolverine and Sabretooth and forced them to fight each other to determine who would become the next Death. Wolverine won, and the adamantium in Sabretooth's body was removed and placed in Logan's. Wolverine was then brainwashed and turned into Death III and sent to fight his former teammates. Interestingly enough, though Apocalypse has antangonized the X-Teams time and again, he once helped the X-Men save Xavier's life by removing a techno-virus that Stryfe had shot into the Professor. As a mutant immortal, Apocalypse is terribly hard to kill. He has been seen to "die" at least twice (both times on the Moon), but always seems to return, thanks to his physiology and various healing chambers he has built across the globe. However, his longevity appears to have taken its toll, as Apocalypse rounded up the legendary Twelve, the most powerful mutants on Earth, and hooked them into a Celestial machine that would transfer his essence into the younger and stronger body of Nate Grey. Fortunately, the Twelve broke free and stopped the transfer, but it cost the life of Cyclops, who took Grey's place. Cyclops was absorbed by Apocalypse, who also seemed to gain control over space and time. However, while Apocalypse tried to trick The Twelve into completing the transfer by taking them to possible futures where they would be forced to fight him, they eventually saw the deception and Apocalypse was forced to flee. Months later, Cyclops reappeared, amnesiac and unknowingly carrying Apocalypse's soul within his body. Apocaylpse was slowly re-writing Cyclops's mind and body from within, though the X-Man was fighting him. Anais, a servant of Apocalypse, tried to get Cyclops to stop fighting her master's will, but in the end, Cable and Phoenix, put on the trail by Ozymandias, stopped her. Unfortunately, Apocalypse used the stress of the battle to advance his absorption of Cyclops, and he fought Cable and Phoenix. Cable couldn't bring himself to kill his father when Scott reasserted control, so Jean used her psychic bond with Cyclops to grab Apocalypse's mind and physically remove his astral form from Cyclops. Then Cable stabbed Apocalypse's astral form with his Psi-Mitar and the High Lord's essence dissipated to the wind. Apparently...
    Note: In Cable's original future, the transfer succeeded and Apocalypse ended up controlling the globe for two millennia, switching armor and hosts as his power increased, until Cyclops, Phoenix and Cable stopped the last transfer of his raging essence into the young Stryfe himself, whom Apocalypse had "adopted," thinking him to be the original Summers child, and not a clone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

holy crap, thanks alot, no need to buty the next txo or three issues now only as far as when scott left the boat!!!
    that great stuff!so cable was sent to the future then came back to the past! right so who the hell was nate grey then????

Nate Grey? He's X-Man. Basically when Xavier's son Legion decided that the best way to impress his dad was to go back in time and kill his oldest enemy (Magneto), he killed his father Xavier instead because he jumped infront of the blast meant for Magneto. This created a paradox - if xavier was dead he couldn't have been father to legion, who couldn't go back in time and kill his father etc etc etc.

So an alternate time line was created from that point on - 'The Age of Apocalypse'. As Bishop was from a different time line entirely he wasn't affected by the sudden shift of events, so he didn't disappear like the others. He stayed in the past and lived on to see the rise of Apocalypse. Basically Apocalypse wasn't going to show his face to try to conquor the world for about another 20 - 30 years, but because he saw what happened with Xavier/Magneto (Magneto took up Xavier's dream to unite men and mutants and became openly active) he came out in the open and took over america.

Now years later the servant of Apocalypse, Sinister, captured Scott Summers and Jean Grey and used their DNA to create a boy called Nate Grey. He was born with the same immense powers as Cable (Nathaniel Christopher Askani-son Dayspring Summers), but when Cable was a child he was infected with the techno virus which he had to use most of his powers to suppress (Or it would have taken over his body completely), but as Nate didn't have this, he had full power. Problem with this being that he had more power than his body could actually cope with. TBH though I didn't read on the series long enough to find out what happened. He was meant to have died when he hit a certain age but he obviously didn't. I don't know what saved him, and tbh his character never interested me enough to care - he was a cheap rip-off of Cable.

Thats alot of info to take in at once ][ceman. Could you tell me a site that has bios on all the diffrent marvel charecters marvel.com only has a few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Don't know if direct links are allowed. But since you asked for links, I always found these two sites good:

www.mutanthigh.com

and

www.uncannyxmen.net.

Wonder if i'll be banned?

thanks alot thats some good ****! now i dont look so dazed and confused!

Hehehehe why would you be banned? I don't see a problem with direct links. You're helping him out - as long as it's not a restricted site (age limits/content) or an advertisement for a company/product you're affiliated with.

As for BIOS - if you go to http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm and then select just marvel if you can. There might not necessarily just be the option for that but i've seen Nate Grey and Apocalypse in there before. They usually have most of the most current regular characters in there, but search for those you can't find on that look on that http://www.uncannyxmen.net website that TheSonOfBattles posted.

Thanks for the tip's lads. :)

just finished cable and nate greys life stories and all i have to say is HOLY ****E THATS COOL!!!!!! i like to meet the person who came up with that! stryfe,cableand nate the same guy is pretty cool!

• Advertisement

Well not exactly the same guy - Stryfe is a clone and Nate Grey is an alternate universe version, but yeah I suppose they're close enough :D

ok one more question! just read apoclypse s story (thanks to you guys!!) so apocolypse was born in the past but used the technology form tut from the future to survive??????

Not exactly. He originally was a mutant but wasn't an immortal. He used the alien technology of the Celestials (A group of universaly powerful beings - Only they and Galactus remain from the original universe - this one is supposidly the second incarnation of the universe) to create a suit of armour which encased his own body and kept it alive for thousands of years. So every few thousand years he has to take on another body as his original one can only last for so long. That's why he went through the process with the 12 to try and enter the powerful body of Nate Grey.

so he was the first mutant, and when jean attacked that time that was his form inside the shell!!! cool thanks

Advertisement