Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Gara handed Ireland start

Options
  • 15-10-2003 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

The irish team to face Namibia

Ireland: Girvan Dempsey; Shane Horgan, Brian O'Driscoll, Kevin Maggs, Dennis Hickie; Ronan O'Gara, Peter Stringer; John Hayes, Keith Wood (captain), Reggie Corrigan, Paul O'Connell, Malcolm O'Kelly, Eric Miller, Alan Quinlan, Simon Easterby.

Replacements: Shane Byrne, Marcus Horan, Donnacha O'Callaghan, Victor Costello, Guy Easterby, David Humphreys, John Kelly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

O'Gara has to start a game for Ireland, Namibia is perfect chance to do this.

Team looks mostly full strength, but I'd say the subs will start rolling after the win and the bonus point are ours.

Quinlan for Costello is also an interesting switch and I'm looking forward to seeing how Quinlan performs, I don't rate him above Costello yet, but he is one of my favourite players to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Is he just switching Easterby in for Foley just for this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

We can safly say that O'Gara was on form for that match. he did some great kicking

also a great performance from Dennis Hickie. we're going to kick some Argintine ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭namuras

O Gara, has not played well so far, he is a marked man but has constantly run down blind alleys in the hope the magic will return.

I except that he is a great player and a man to turn a game, but with the big matches to come we need a team performance.

Some of his runs have cost us points as we had better field position had he let the ball go wide instead he cut back to take on the forwards.

The game has changed and no longer are the forwards 20 stone sloppy overweight players but fit and modile defences, if he tries this against Argentina or Australia I fear for the guys safety.
    But thats how he plays so I hope it works for us on the weekend.

Advertisement