Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to locate a pal from way back

Options
  • 15-10-2003 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi folks. About twenty five years ago I met a couple in Galway. They were on their honeymoon and my then girlfriend (now wife) struck up a close friendship with them. We went to vist them in Dublin that autumn but we then lost touch. His name was Willie Martin and his wife was Irene. Willie's Da was a course bookie at Leopardstown in those days. Young Willie was an accomplished guitarist and if I remember right, he played in a local band. Is there any remote possibility that anyone here might know Willie (I'm hoping he took over the business from his oul man and that's why I'm on this particular thread). Here's hopin',
    Eugene

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Afraid I can't be of any help there, Eugene. Funny thing though, is, that a guy called John Martin (Irish Independant)is the recognised arbitrator of disputes between bookies/punters. Give him a tinkle at the office. Also, he was the best ever reporter/expert in the country on Park Coursing before that game became so un-PC. sigh.

Advertisement