Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Win

Options
  • 11-10-2003 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Well one game one win and a bonus point. What did you think of the game?

I thought it was alright nothing special, the scum looked weak to being but improved, and dominated when Hayes came on, nothing added to the Humphreys v O'Gara debate, both solid.

Have to say though Dempsey looked like a plug, maybe it was just nerves but he didn't impress at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good result but they were very nervous, the backs have a lot of work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Don't post results in the title.
    tx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Job done. Nothing outstanding but the scrum did improve when Hayes came on.

Scrum and lineouts will have to improve for the Argentina game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

. . . or was the scrum better with Shane Byrne at No. 2 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

At the end of the first I wasn't feeling too satisfied, but by the end of it I was pretty happy. It was nothing special, we got the result we needed, and took some serious hits without looking under pressure. Pity about the tries conceded, but not the end of the world, and the defense looked relatively tight. (I'm not 100% convinced that was a peno try, but that's another issue).

I'm a lot less concerned about the Pumas, and slightly more confident about our final match, after seeing the opening match.

And hey, least we didn't do what Scotland did! I know they got what they needed from the game, but what a disastrous performance!

Al.

• Advertisement
Advertisement