Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College

Options
  • 26-09-1999 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

So is there any First years out there if so what colleges are you going to
    Are yous enjoying the course?
    What course is it?
    Anyone doing the Marketing in DIT if so what is it ike please tell me as im thinking of going there after i finish my PLC couse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

starting the first lab class tommorrow (Computing, IT Tallaght).

No lectures until October 4th so they're having a freshers week. Large groups of people drawn together by a common interest; alcohol. Hey i'll probably know them better by Friday than I did my secondary school mates after 6 years smile.gif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm DIT have no firewall as i last remember.
    ye *******.

..or mabye not smile.gif

got offered Computer Science in DIT Kevin Street which is where I am now. Ah well, such is life. What have I got to say about my lengthy 2 day academic career in IT Tallaght...hmm, not much smile.gif

yeh seems like that smile.gif

They'll probably cop on soon enough and start blocking ports tho, then the fun begins smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Oh, I like the way my life is going - I'm on the LUDO games-development PLC course in Senior College Ballyfermot at the mo. After that, I've got the choice of either going to work in any games co. who will have me, or taking my deferred TCD Engineering course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

sico im doing a course in ballsbridge and they hold there socials together is there one on wednesday? we arnt really told if there are socials or not you have to find out yourself sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

ROFL I did that course 3 year ago SIco and look how fu(king **** my lifes turned out over it. Say hi to Emmet for me, and be carefull, he bites, I have scars smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

Hello Take it, I started doing marketing in Mountjoy sq.I also have 5 years to serve for my degree!

Who are you?

WTF?! Who replies to a year-old thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

LOL Pencapchew m8 set ur topic to view to the last 5 days biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bubbles:
    ROFL I did that course 3 year ago SIco and look how fu(king **** my lifes turned out over it. Say hi to Emmet for me, and be carefull, he bites, I have scars smile.gif

Yer Bubs i heard all about that "incident"
    1 of da guys on ludo this year was the nephew of 1 of da guys on ur year.
    Have to say it's defo the wierdest quake related incident i've ever heard.
    WTF where ya doing to pi$$ him off so badly?

And i must add that LUDO is an l33t course.
    LUDO 0WNS J00!!!! tongue.gif

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭DaBounca

i wanted to do that course LUDO,but i was told that prior programming experience is required,do im doing a diploma in softwrae development in TRBDI before giving it a bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭DaBounca

havok,when i ws looking for a course to do i had a look at the "prospectus" for the ballyfermot place,in the LUDO thing it said programming experiance was necissary.still though even if it wasnt,i probably would have done another course first to get some qualifications in case the course didnt work out.i also looked at the balleyfernot homepage,it was a joke,nothing worked,so that sort of dissuaded(if thats a word)me from taking the course.

yer, there prospectus is not entierly right.
    The problem is that some1 in da main block ballyfermot writes up the info on da courses NOT the tutors on da course.
    Now LUDO happens to be in Dame St away from the rest of da college. So all the info on it is fuped up.
    Well i would from my own personal experance advise ya to go for it.
    I thouht it ROCKED smile.gif
    tho i would say its like 2 years of info cramed into 1 year. If u want to do well u'll have to do ALOT of werk @ home 'stuff.
    But its worth it. I werked my Boll0x off last year and apperently i got the highest grades ever recorded in da histroy of da course tongue.gif
    Got to develop for Pc and PS2 for Havok Engine because of ludo too. i.e Its the only games development course in the country so they know where to look....
    I've been out of ludo for 3 mounths now, got a job as a web graphic designer EZ eneough, have been able to find some freelance werk, and have had several offers from game developers all over da world.
    many of the other ppl who werked hard on it have gone to companys like Codemasters ect.
    LUDO 0WNS biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 12-10-2000).]

Debounca, Thats Boll0x
    Who ever told u that had'nd a fupping clue what they where talkin about.
    All u need is Conputer literacy and to have the right ATTATUDE towards games and the games industry.
    Mind u tho, its geared alot more towards the Art/multimedia side of the industry rather then porgramming.
    I was the only person on ludo last year who actully brought in a portfolio to my interview smile.gif

Listen tho most ppl in ballyfermot college dont have a fupping clue what da fup LUDO is.
    Sure the head mistress(Fu<king Cow tongue.gif )thought we made toys!!!!
    get on to some1 who actully teachs on the course if u really want to do it.
    i.e Emmet Kilbride,
    Dave Henigein,(not sure on da spelling pernounced Hen-gen)
    or Larry 'o Toole

LOL @ the various drunken quake-related conversations I had with Emmet, including the 'incident' between him and bubbs wink.gif

*chomp*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well now thats really interesting if id of known before that some of ye did the ludo toy making course (tehe) I would've drained you of all the info before now, how do I find info about, i.e. prospectus, how to join. I have to go to Germany next year for my course but I'd rather do the ludo thing.

Answers on the back of a postcard please

Yea 5 years to get a degree ill be 25 going on 26 aaaggggggghhhhhhh

Im in group 1A and tut group I

Im Derek Dunne who the hell are you wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and i rememebr you with purple hair. hold on, i remember you from waaaay before that. i thought you were only still about 16!
    must be that oil of ulay. or was it your brother with purple hair?
    you see, im old and senile. or maybe its parkinsons, or maybe...

Yes when i meet i was 18 not 16 and i had no purple hair but my brother did i am now a mature 20 year old i also meet you at Dublan and robbed you computer for a few hours smile.gif

I personally think its mad cow disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Take it:

I personally think its mad cow disease.

bugger, i really am in trouble...

• Advertisement

LOL smile.gif
    @ 19 i dont have da problem yet, thank fup tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 17-10-2000).]

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger:
    I was going to try and shag some now I've broken up with me girlfreind but they look so young it kinda makes me feel dirty redface.gif
    Where's the problem? wink.gif

I feel ancient around some of these fresh faced first years in Maynooth. I wonder if their mums know they are out?

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by havok*:

All u need is Conputer literacy and to have the right ATTATUDE

smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Bold Nog wink.gif

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

rofl. smile.gif should be in someones sig file.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

going off on a tangent - 1st years look so young this year! I'm only 20 so they must be only a year or two younger than me but by jimmity they look so young! eek.gif

I was going to try and shag some now I've broken up with me girlfreind but they look so young it kinda makes me feel dirty redface.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

yep all those first years aint ment to be out well 5 i know of but there denying it to there parents so there aint nothing they can do . wheres my gun till i shoot some of these annoying little fVckers

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

cryptic comments there smile.gif

Btw - everybody seems to have neglegted to say : "You're not a dirty old man Blitzie" frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger:
    Btw - everybody seems to have neglegted to say : "You're not a dirty old man Blitzie" frown.gif

Can't lie on the boards ;-)

Advertisement